Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday   Ward will play the ultimate chip Sunday EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:48 pm

January 30
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist Ron Cook

"It's not exactly a breaking story that Hines Ward's troubled right knee will have a big impact on Super Bowl XLIII Sunday night. It has been talked about all week, hasn't it? It has been talked about almost nonstop since he sprained the thing in the first half of the AFC championship game. "So much that I think my knee deserves an Oscar award or something," Ward said yesterday.

But the impact won't be what you think. It's not going to be the bum knee limiting Ward's effectiveness or failing to hold up for four long hours, which would sabotage the Steelers' chances of beating the Arizona Cardinals. It's going to be the knee inspiring Ward to play one of his greatest games.

Read this next sentence twice because it's so important:

Ward's knee injury is the best thing that could have happened to the Steelers.

Again:

Ward's knee injury is the best thing that could have happened to the Steelers.

"The ultimate chip," he called it yesterday.

"It definitely adds a little fuel to my fire. I want to prove to the naysayers that I can play in this game. I know they're saying I can't do this and I can't do that. I know they're saying I can only run this route or that route because my knee is hurt. No. I want to run all my routes. I want to show the world I can play and help my team win."

That's good enough for me.

I'm not going to predict another Super Bowl MVP award for Ward, but I am convinced he's going to have a big night.

Clearly, Ward is thinking the same way.

"I'm not going to make any bold guarantees," he said. "But what if we win and I have a big game? A 150-yard game? What if I go out there and really rip it up? On one leg?

"That would be a great story, wouldn't it?"

Don't tell me you will be surprised if it happens. C'mon, you know Ward, too. You know how he thinks. You know what drives him. You know he has built a Hall of Fame career, one chip -- real or imagined -- on his shoulder at a time.

Being drafted in the third round in 1998. "Nobody thought I was going to make it," he has said dozens of times since.

Watching the Steelers take not just wide receiver Troy Edwards with their No. 1 draft pick in '99, but Plaxico Burress at No. 1 in 2000. Where are those guys now? Who's still producing big time for the Steelers?

Being told that he couldn't make a Pro Bowl. He has been to four and, on top of that, owns just about every Steelers receiving record."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1