Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday Empty
PostSubject: 49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday   49ers Gore plans to practice, wants to play Sunday EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 pm

December 23
San Jose Mercury News
"Frank Gore, needing 22 yards to become the first 49er to rush for 1,000 yards in three consecutive seasons, said Monday that he plans to practice this week in hopes of playing in Sunday's season finale against Washington.

But the milestone isn't Gore's only motivation.

Sunday's game also is an opportunity to renew a friendly rivalry with Redskins running back Clinton Portis, Gore's former teammate at the University of Miami.

"We talk to each other during the season,'' said Gore, who has missed the past two games because of an ankle injury. "We're so competitive. We always want to out-rush each other. He got me this year, but I'm going to try to come out this Sunday and out-perform him. If I do that and win, hey, it'll be a Happy New Year for me."

Competition aside, Gore noted that during his freshman season at Miami, Portis essentially served as his big brother. He helped him with the playbook, loaned him his car, etc.

"He used to look out for me," Gore said. "You know how other players would be (with) a young freshman coming in and playing right away, they probably wouldn't help him out or do anything for him. But he was different. He helped me out a whole lot."

49ers Coach Mike Singletary said he wants Gore to get his 1,000th yard but only if the ankle is OK.

"Hopefully, he's healthy enough to go,'' Singletary said. "But if he can come back next year and get 2,000 (yards), that's even better. I'm good with (playing him), depending on where he's at.""

link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1