Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers Empty
PostSubject: Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers   Muhammad's downfield blocking making a difference for Panthers EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:45 pm

December 19
Gaston Gazette
"When he came into the league two years ago, Carolina Panthers defensive back C.J. Wilson was warned about playing against veteran receiver Muhsin Muhammad.

"I was thinking it would be a blessing being on the same team with him, but it quickly becomes a curse," Wilson said with a laugh.

That's because he had to face Muhammad on a daily basis in practice.

Covering Muhammad is tough enough, Wilson said, but when the discussion turned to Muhammad's ability to block down field he simply sunk his head in his hands.

"You know how they advise you not to stand in front of a train or bad things could happen? Well that is what it is, because you can't stop it," Wilson said as he looked up and shook his head. "The only thing you are going to do is find yourself retreating."

That is what two Denver Broncos defensive backs found themselves doing on Sunday when Muhammad manhandled both down field, paving the way for teammate Steve Smith to score on a 15-yard touchdown reception.

"When I saw that I was like, 'Welcome to my world,'" Wilson said. "I wasn't even surprised. We see that every day."

It was an impressive display of downfield blocking, which is what sets Muhammad apart from other receivers in the league.

"He's a pretty fierce blocker," coach John Fox said. "If there's a better one out there, I haven't seen him. He does that every week."

Jake Delhomme agrees.

He recalls a game just a few weeks ago when Muhammad's downfield blocking led to a long touchdown run by DeAngelo Williams.

"He blocked the nickel Will (linebacker) into the safety and them into the backside corner and DeAngelo Williams scored," Delhomme said. "He blocked three people. He blocked one into another and the other guy couldn't get around and DeAngelo scored. But that's Moose. We see it every week from him."

Muhammad said it's a trait he picked up a long time ago at Michigan State.

He quickly learned he had the body frame to be a difference-maker on downfield blocks and it became something he prided himself on."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1