Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him Empty
PostSubject: Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him   Adrian Peterson says a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tried to hurt him EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:08 pm

December 12
St. Petersburg Times
"Did a Bucs linebacker try to intentionally hurt Vikings RB Adrian Peterson when the teams played Nov. 16?

That's what Peterson told reporters this week.

"I was being stood up by three or four defenders, and the guy just came out of nowhere and intentionally went for my leg," Peterson said. "I felt it, and I watched it over and over again.

"He intentionally went for my leg and tried to take me out. It was by the grace of God that my foot wasn't stuck in the grass and was able to give. I looked at that play and really started thinking that, 'Hey, whether you believe it or not, guys are out there trying to take you out. So you got to be smarter and protect yourself.' "

Peterson did not name the player, other than to say his jersey number was in the 50s and that he was ''flexing" after the play. All six Bucs defensive players with numbers in the 50s are linebackers. None was available for comment.

In talking with the media about the Vikings' game this weekend at Arizona, Peterson was responding to questions about his effort to gain extra yardage on every play and the risk of injury.

"Some guys are really out there to hurt you," the second-year player said. "I found that out in that game.

"It was a play where I was being held up and the whistle was blown. I wasn't going anywhere and I just kept fighting for yards, and a guy that wasn't in the play just came in and dove straight for my knee and tried to take me out. It is really about being smart. I have learned a lot and took heed of that.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1