Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June Empty
PostSubject: Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June   Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June
December 13
St. Paul Pioneer Press
"Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said Thursday he couldn't remember which Tampa Bay Buccaneers player tried to "take me out" during last month's game, except that the player targeting him wore a number in the 50s.

A review Friday by the Pioneer Press of the Nov. 16 game telecast and the play in question indicates he was referring to Buccaneers linebacker Cato June, No. 59.

Peterson, the league's leading rusher with 1,413 yards, said that moment has reinforced his need to watch out for questionable hits.

"I looked at that play and really started thinking that, 'Hey, whether you believe it or not, guys are out there trying to take you out,' " Peterson said Thursday. " 'So you got to be smarter and protect yourself.' "

Peterson couldn't do much to defend himself on that play.

He said the incident occurred in the third quarter of the Vikings' 19-13 loss at Tampa, just before a failed Vikings fourth-down attempt. A tape of Peterson's third-down run shows multiple defenders forcing him back after a 1-yard gain.

Defensive tackle Chris Hovan is on Peterson's back.

Defensive end Greg White is on the ground, holding Peterson's left leg.

Cornerback Ronde Barber is also on Peterson, toward his right side.

That's when June — who had been blocked on the right edge by tight end Jim Kleinsasser — runs toward the pile and dives at Peterson's right knee. A moment later, the ball pops loose.

"I give thanks to God that my foot wasn't stuck in the grass," Peterson said, "and it was able to give."

Peterson said he wasn't aware of the incident until coaches advised him later because his head was down. Then he watched the tape and said he was horrified.

"I was being stood up ... and a guy just came out of nowhere, out of the side of the screen, and intentionally went for my leg," Peterson said. "I felt that. I watched that over and over again. He intentionally went for my leg, tried to take me out."

June was not fined for the hit, according to a league spokesman.

Frerotte doubtful: Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte practiced on a limited basis for the first time Friday. But he was listed as doubtful for Sunday's game in Arizona.

By definition, that means Frerotte has a 25 percent chance of playing.

Tarvaris Jackson is expected to make his first start since being benched after losing the first two games of the season.

Meanwhile, defensive end Jared Allen was cautiously optimistic. He is listed as questionable, and he said that his knee could be more of a concern than the shoulder injury he has played through.

"I'm feeling pretty good," Allen said. "I got two more days to treat up.

"But there's what I want to do, and what the team thinks is in the best interest of myself but the team," Allen said. "The biggest thing for me is not to do further damage."

The difference: The shoulder was sprained to the point it could not get any worse. But the knee could get worse.

Right tackle Artis Hicks is listed as doubtful with a right elbow injury, and receiver Darius Reynaud, the kickoff returner, is out with a toe injury. That could give Maurice Hicks, who has been inactive since fumbling in Tampa, a chance to return again, or the Vikings might count on receiver Aundrae Allison and, perhaps, Chester Taylor.

As for right tackle, Ryan Cook will return to the spot he lost.

"It's not a big deal," Cook said, although he wasn't sure whether Hicks was out or not. "I'll just prepare the same way I have the whole season."

Defensive end Brian Robison is questionable, after missing the past game following arthroscopic knee surgery.

Robison said he is encouraged by his progress but said that coaches and trainers will make the final call.

"It was frustrating because it came at a bad time," Robison said of the injury. "But we got it taken care of." "

Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June   Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 4:10 pm

I think JayJ has the correct anser on this topic. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
JohnDDeezy_89

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June   Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:29 am

Man that is crazy.....wouldn't put it past a Buc though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June   Tape shows Tampa Bay Buccaneer targeting Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson was Cato June Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1