Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM Empty
PostSubject: Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM   Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs GM EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:56 pm

December 16
Kansas City Star
"The day began like most Mondays this season, with the Kansas City Chiefs stinging from another defeat.

It ended in most extraordinary fashion, with Carl Peterson out after 20 years as the Chiefs' president and general manager. Chairman Clark Hunt called the move - which will take place after the team's final game this season Dec. 28 at Cincinnati - a mutual decision.

Peterson - who was not part of the announcement Monday - had found himself under fire for the team's performance the last two seasons, as the Chiefs lost 21 of their last 23 games. Peterson and Hunt met Monday in what Hunt called "a continuation of some discussions we've had throughout the season" about Peterson's role with the club in 2009.

"With our coaches coming into the last year of their contracts, he understood the right decision from an organizational standpoint was to make this change and announce it at this point," Hunt said. "He was very much in agreement.

"… As our conversations continued, we both concluded that the right thing for the organization and the team was to break the ties completely. What gives us the best chance is the clean break we agreed upon."

Peterson was not available for comment. The Chiefs released a statement in which Peterson expressed gratitude for the Hunt family and Chiefs fans.

"I am proud of my association with the Kansas City Chiefs and our many accomplishments over the last 20 years," he said in the statement. "I thank the Hunt family for the opportunity to lead the Chiefs organization and sincerely appreciate all the coaches, players, administrators and Chiefs employees with whom I've had the pleasure of working in my time here.

"Most importantly, I want to thank Chiefs fans around the country for their passionate support through the years. Chiefs fans are the finest in all of professional football."

Hunt left open the fate of coach Herm Edwards, saying the decision on whether Edwards would return in 2009 would not be made until after a new general manager is hired."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1