Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released Empty
PostSubject: (Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released   (Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Caddy Activated; Bennett Released
Posted By Anwar S. Richardson at Nov 12, 2008 at 09:43 AM
Updated Nov 12, 2008 at 10:42 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/caddy-activated-bennett-released-171454.html

Tampa Bay announced it has activated RB Cadillac Williams from the reserve physically unable to perform list and released RB Michael Bennett.

In addition, the Bucs activated WR Brian Clark from its practice squad and placed WR Maurice Stovall (hamstring) on injured reserve.

Williams sustained a season-ending knee injury last season against Carolina, and it was questionable whether he would play again. He entered the NFL as Tampa Bay’s first-round draft pick in 2005 and has played in 32 games. Williams has rushed for 2,184 yards on 569 carries and 10 TDs and has 53 receptions for 294 yards.

His return left Tampa Bay with too many running backs, and Bennett was the likely choice to be released. Bennett, a former Pro Bowler and first-round draft pick, had rushed seven times for 12 yards this season, plus has one reception for two yards. He was inactive in four games this season (New Orleans, Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas), which is far from what Bennett, 30, expected when he resigned with Tampa Bay last offseason.

On Monday, Bennett expressed his dissatisfaction with the organization and his lack of playing time to The Tampa Tribune.

“I really learned a lot from the beginning, to preseason to now. I’ve learned a lot. As far as the business and understanding it,” Bennett previously told The Tampa Tribune. “There are times when you don’t want to say you’re the forgotten man, but normally it’s like ‘Hey, hey, how are you doing?’ Now all of that kind of fades away.

“There are times you walk past people and they [members of the Bucs organization] don’t speak to you. Little things like that, those are the only things that really kind of bother me. Other than that, I understand the business and I see how it happens. I can see how guys can get frustrated and lose their minds and lose their temper, but I’m going to stay at peace with mine.”

This will mark Clark’s second appearance on the Bucs’ active roster this season.

He played in three games and has one reception for 12 yards and one kickoff return for 22 yards this year. Clark also had special two special teams tackles.

In addition, also signed LB Marc Magro to the practice squad. He has spent time with the Miami and St. Louis’ practice squads this season.
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
jschnars

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-18

(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released   (Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:50 pm

This could be a really bad thing for us, Williams could really revitalize their offense.
Back to top Go down

(Buccaneer Update) Caddy Activated; Bennett Released
Page 1 of 1