Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team Empty
PostSubject: Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team   Kellen Winslow unsure about his future with the team EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:06 pm

December 12
Cleveland Plain Dealer
"Tight end Kellen Winslow hopes to return to the Browns next season despite his midseason feud with the team and contract issues.

"I do want to be back here," Winslow said. "I love being here and playing here. The fans have stuck by me, so yeah."

Winslow, who will sit out Monday's game at Philadelphia with his high ankle sprain, said none of the players are sure of their futures because of uncertainty surrounding coach Romeo Crennel and General Manager Phil Savage.

"Whatever happens happens," Winslow said. "I love being a Cleveland Brown. The guys here, we don't know who's going to be here next year. It's tough. You just have to focus on this year."

He said he didn't know if his status would be affected by Savage's. Winslow became upset with Savage last month when he accused team officials of trying to cover up the tight end's staph infection.

"I'm not going to say," Winslow said.

He made it clear, however, that he has a very good relationship with Browns owner Randy Lerner. "I'm very happy with him," he said.

As for the new contract, he said: "I hired [agent] Drew Rosenhaus for that. That's his job." Then he added with a laugh: "I might just want to go and reach free agency. Who knows?"

Winslow is under contract for the next two years at $4.5 million and $4.75 million, respectively. His request for a new deal has not been met and Savage said recently that no contracts will be renegotiated before the end of the season.

Winslow acknowledged it's been a tough year for him, beginning with the staph infection and one-game suspension. He also suffered a bruised right shoulder and then the high ankle sprain against the Indianapolis Colts on Nov. 30. He sat out the game against the Titans in Nashville, Tenn., last Sunday and could miss the rest of this season."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1