Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Harrison a return man? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Harrison a return man?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Harrison a return man? Empty
PostSubject: Harrison a return man?   Harrison a return man? EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:57 pm

Harrison a return man?
January 31
Boston Globe

"Safety Rodney Harrison wouldn't close the door on playing again, but he certainly sounded as if he were leaning toward retirement rather than a 16th NFL season, and a seventh with the Patriots.

At the Super Bowl Media Center yesterday, he used the term "they" when talking about the Patriots, and said he could walk away from the game now with no regrets.

"Right now, I'm doing a lot better, and I can't honestly say if I'm going to play or not right now," said Harrison, who suffered a season-ending right quadriceps injury Oct. 20 against the Broncos. "I'm up in the air. Right now, I'm focusing on being able to run up and down the bases with my son, so once that's established, then I'll decide if I want to play or not."

Harrison, 36, who is a free agent, said when he does make a decision it will be final.

"There are a lot of things that go on with a guy when he's deciding his future in football. You realize that once you say, 'I'm done,' I'm done," said Harrison, who is working for NBC during the Super Bowl. "I don't want the circus. I don't want the back-and-forth circus [of], 'Well, do I want to play? OK, I'm going to retire; I'm not going to retire.' I don't want the Brett Favre situation.

"I need to be fair to myself, and I need to be fair to my family from a personal standpoint, so when I decide what I want to do, I'm going to do it; I'm going to move forward, and I'm going to stick to it. I've been playing football for 30 years. I've done everything. The message I want to convey to young players is do everything you can within your power and you have no regrets. So, if you have to walk away from the game, you have no regrets."

Harrison did not say he'd only come back with the Patriots. "If that door is open, if they want to move forward, if it's something I want to do and Bill [ Belichick] allows me to do it, then maybe that's the choice. If not, we'll have to look at other things," he said.

If Harrison retires, he would exit the game with a Hall of Fame-worthy career.

"I don't play for the Hall of Fame," he said. "I try to win championships and help my team win championships. I will not trade my championship ring over a Hall of Fame any day because it took 53 guys to sacrifice, to work, to come together and achieve a goal, and to me that's a lot more special than what Rodney Harrison did individually for 15 years to go to the Hall of Fame. If they vote me in, fine. If they don't, so what? I got Super Bowl rings, which is most important.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Harrison a return man?
Page 1 of 1