Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help Empty
PostSubject: McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help   McCoy makes tough decision, with Delhomme's help EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 1:40 am

After nine years working at the same place, it can be difficult moving not only yourself, but also your family across the country, even for a job promotion.

Living in Charotte, with her Dad working for the Carolina Panthers, was all 9-year-old Olivia McCoy had known.

So when her father, quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator Mike McCoy, traveled to Denver recently to interview to become the Broncos offensive coordinator, it's understandable if she had some reservations.

But that's where Jake Delhomme, the Panthers' quarterback, came in. According to Mike McCoy, Delhomme talked to little Olivia and put her at ease, sharing that it was hard for him to leave the New Orleans Saints in 2003, but that coming to the Panthers was one of the best decisions he'd ever made.

"It was great" said McCoy. "He kind of settled Olivia down. That's what we'll miss."

McCoy and his wife, Kellie, also have a son, Luke, 6.

The McCoy and Delhomme families have a close relationship, and now it'll need to be long distance.

But it was a good career move for McCoy, who becomes an offensive coordinator for the first time.

"It's a great opportunity," he told The Observer today, "to become a coordinator and to still work with the quarterbacks here in Denver."

McCoy said it wasn't easy to leave the Panthers, team owner Jerry Richardson and the Richardson family.

"I'm thankful to the Richardson family for everything they've done for my family, and to all the coaches and players I've worked with," he said. "That's why I have the opportunity I have now, because they made this opportunity possible for me."

-- Charles Chandler
[b]Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1