Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Team's front office has long to-do list EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Team's front office has long to-do list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Team's front office has long to-do list Empty
PostSubject: Team's front office has long to-do list   Team's front office has long to-do list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:52 am

Team's front office has long to-do list January 12
Charlotte Observer
"Julius Peppers isn't the only player the Carolina Panthers' front office needs to make a decision on during the offseason.

Two offensive linemen - tackle Jordan Gross and backup Geoff Hangartner - will become free agents March1. Then there's the scouting process for this spring's draft, which will pick up during the week preceding the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Feb.24.

"We'll take next week off … then go to the Senior Bowl," said coach John Fox, whose team was bounced from the NFL playoffs Saturday by the Arizona Cardinals. "Our staff has been working on personnel all year. We'll go into the offseason process and evaluate our football team. We'll look at things we can improve. We don't share those things outwardly."

Gross, the Panthers' All-Pro left tackle, said Sunday he expects negotiations on a long-term contract extension to begin soon. They could have started two weeks ago when the regular season ended.

"We haven't really talked about anything all year," Gross said. "I guess we have time to talk now. As far as getting something done, there's no real risk of getting hurt now. They have a lot of contract issues."

The Panthers put their franchise tag on Gross during free agency last year and he played the season under a one-year tender.

Hangartner has been with the Panthers for all four of his NFL seasons and provided depth this season when several other offensive linemen were injured.

"Yes, absolutely," Hangartner replied when asked if he wanted to stay with the Panthers. "It's all hypothetical. I could see myself back here. I think this will be a good team for years to come."

Still, Hangartner wouldn't say whether he'd be happier starting for another team.

"It's probably best not to get into it until there's a little bit more that happens," he said. "We'll see what happens. I don't know."

Cornerback Ken Lucas, at 29 the secondary's oldest player, said he didn't know if the team will want him back.

"I can't answer that question," said Lucas, who signed with the Panthers as a free agent in 2005. "I'm not part of the personnel department. If they call my name, I'll be back. If not, I enjoyed my time here."

Other free agents are backup linebackers Donte Curry and Adam Seward, deep snapper Jason Kyle, defensive tackle Darwin Walker and kickoff/punt returner Mark Jones"
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Team's front office has long to-do list
Page 1 of 1