Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB Empty
PostSubject: Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB   Jets' Thomas Jones lauds Brett Favre but stands by rip of QB EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:39 pm

January 3
New York Daily News
"Thomas Jones, who ripped Brett Favre this week for his three-interception meltdown in the season finale, shifted into damage-control mode Friday, saying he is planning to call Favre to clarify his stinging comments.

"I'll talk to Brett," Jones said Friday on ESPN's "First Take" show. "Everything is cool with me and Brett. He's a great guy."

On Tuesday, Jones fueled an anti-Favre firestorm, becoming the first player to publicly criticize the future Hall of Fame quarterback. In an interview on New York's Hot 97 FM, the Jets' Pro Bowl running back said he was "(ticked) off" by the interceptions and hinted that Favre should have been benched.

Jones stood by those comments, but he added that he respects Favre and was referring to only the Miami game.

"I'm not the type of person that goes out there and just throws people under the bus or makes comments about people," Jones said. "Either I answer a question honestly, realistically, or I don't answer it at all.

"The only thing that I could give my opinion on was the interceptions. And that's what I did," Jones added. "As far as him coming out of the game, that's not my call, just like if I'm in the game and I'm not playing well, and I have two or three fumbles, that's not my call."

The Jets' offseason has turned into an open season on Favre, who slumped with nine interceptions and only two touchdown passes over the final five games - a 1-4 collapse that cost them a playoff berth. On Monday, Eric Mangini paid the price with his job. On Tuesday, Favre reportedly was diagnosed with a torn biceps tendon in his throwing arm, which may have contributed to his late-season slide.

Since then, the media and teammates have attacked Favre. The only player on the record is Jones. Others were quoted anonymously, claiming Favre received preferential treatment from Mangini and that he made little effort to ingratiate himself to the team. For instance, according to a Jets veteran, Favre never socialized with his offensive linemen, a fairly traditional practice throughout the NFL."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1