Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' Empty
PostSubject: Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it'   Thomas Jones blasts Brett Favre for interceptions, says 'team doesn't like it' EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:33 pm

January 1
New York Daily News
"Brett Favre is worshipped by owner Woody Johnson and widely respected in the Jets locker room, but that doesn't mean he is immune to criticism. The first dose comes from an unlikely source - Thomas Jones.

Appearing as a guest Tuesday on New York's Hot 97 FM, Jones sacked his quarterback, hinting that Favre should have been benched during his three-interception nightmare in the season-ending loss to the Dolphins. That defeat, the final insult in an epic late-season collapse, may have sealed Eric Mangini's fate.

"We're a team and we win together ... but at the same time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to win," Jones said in a videotaped studio interview. "The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that's just reality. If I were to sit here and say, 'Oh, man, it's okay,' that's not reality.

"The reality is, you throw interceptions, I'm (ticked) off, I don't like it. You know what I'm saying? I don't like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn't like it."

At that point, the show's host, Angie Martinez, asked the AFC's leading rusher if teammates start to look "funny style" at a player that makes that many mistakes.

"If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game," Jones replied. "You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team."

"So it gets like that?" Martinez interjected.

"It definitely gets like that," Jones said. "You're playing to win, you're playing for the Super Bowl. That's what you do all this work for ... So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it's just not (fair)."

Ouch.

Throughout his up-and-down season, Favre never was ripped by Mangini or any of the players, at least not publicly. That the first shot was fired by Jones is a surprise, because Jones isn't a big talker. There might not be a more respected player in the locker room than Jones, whose teammates voted him the Jets' MVP.

For Jones to make those comments means that Favre's late-season slump chafed players more than they were willing to admit. During the Jets' 1-4 slide, Favre threw nine interceptions, finishing with a league-high 22 - the most by a Jets quarterback since Vinny Testaverde's 25 in 2000.

In fairness to Favre, he did play hurt over the final month of the season. A few days before the final game, he finally acknowledged what had been speculated for weeks, that his throwing shoulder was sore. On Tuesday, Favre had an MRI exam that revealed a torn biceps tendon that may require arthroscopic surgery, but not major surgery, ESPN reported."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1