Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote Empty
PostSubject: Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote   Rookie Johnson back rips 'bogus' vote EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:16 pm

January 1
Tennessean
"One day after finishing second in the Associated Press NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year voting, Titans running back Chris Johnson lashed out against the selection process, calling "the whole thing bogus."

Johnson said his football peers and fans shouldthe winner of the annual award, not a panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league.

He added that since he received more votes to the Pro Bowl than any rookie and was the lone first-year player elected to the Pro Bowl, he should have won the award over Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

Johnson rushed for 1,228 yards and nine touchdowns, helping the Titans win the AFC South and earn the No. 1 seed in the playoffs.

"I did all I could do to win it," he said. "I feel like I did the best."

Ryan collected 44 votes, Johnson three. Johnson praised Ryan for what he accomplished, leading the Falcons recovering from the Michael Vick era back to the playoffs. Ryan passed for 3,440 yards with 16 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Johnson said Ryan should have finished in a three-way tie for second with Bears running back Matt Forte and Texans running back Steve Slaton.

While Johnson talked about the award in the locker room, tight end Bo Scaife walked by and said: "He was robbed. … We need a recount!"

Injury report: Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth said he has yet to run on his sprained left knee but feels on pace to return for the divisional playoff game Jan. 10.

"If the game was tomorrow, I couldn't play," he said.

Haynesworth sat out practice Wednesday, as did defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch (groin) and center Kevin Mawae (elbow).

Asked about playing Jan. 10, Vanden Bosch said: "I don't know where I'll be at. I'm just happy with the way it's been going. It's been improving every day."

Cramer returns: Tight end/fullback Casey Cramer signed with the Titans and took the roster spot of linebacker Josh Stamer, a leading special teams contributor who was placed on injured reserve.

Cramer, a fourth-year pro, played for the Titans in 2006 and '07, but they released him in August. He signed with the Dolphins and appeared in nine games with two starts before Miami released him Dec. 20.

Cramer said he spent Christmas at home for the first time in six years and was on the verge of signing with the Broncos when Fisher called.

Stamer suffered a groin injury in last week's loss to the Colts.

Vickerson returns: Defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson practiced Wednesday for the first time since serving a four-game suspension without pay for violating the NFL's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1