Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted Empty
PostSubject: Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted   Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:38 am

Proving ground Dolphins are on verge of winning AFC East, but they still feel slighted
December 23
Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel columnist Mike Berardino
"There's a word that bubbles just beneath the surface for these Dolphins.

It stalks them throughout every moment of every day. It drives them through every practice session, every media session, every game day.

In some ways, it has as much to do with the unlikely high ground they have claimed for themselves heading into Sunday's all-important game at the Meadowlands as any personnel move, any scheme, any adjustment we've see from them all year.

That word?

Fluke.

Just two players were made available to the media on Monday morning, but André Goodman and Anthony Fasano used the same word to describe the lack of respect these Dolphins still perceive, even as they close in on the unlikeliest of playoff berths.

"I think everybody thought of us as a 1-15 team and there was no point in the season where anybody took us seriously," said Goodman, a cornerback who lived through the pain of 2007. "It's just a fluke."

Fasano reached the playoffs with Dallas last year, so he's new to the no-respect party, but it hasn't taken the big tight end long to latch onto the same concept.

"I feel like that. I think the other guys do too," he said. "I think it just comes from the way we won some of the games this year, [others] thinking maybe it was a fluke."

Surely there has been some chatter out there about the fact the Dolphins are 8-1 against teams that currently have losing records, but just 2-4 against those with winning marks. And those eight wins have come against clubs that are a combined 43 games under .500.

Close games? Well, 17 teams have a better season point differential than these Dolphins, including the Packers, Chargers, Bears, Eagles, Saints and (sorry) the Jets.

"I just think teams said, 'They're winning some close games, but they're still the same Dolphins,'"Goodman said. "Same roster. You look at our roster and nobody scares you. We have a couple big names … but outside of that nobody takes us seriously."

Pressed for concrete examples, however, neither player could provide any.

There have been no memorable lines uttered in the heat of battle. No regrettable putdowns during one of the Dolphins' many narrow victories.

"I don't think it's so much on-the-field trash talking or attitude," Fasano said. "There's not much personal communication where it's lack of respect. It's just the whole feeling [of how] the other team walks in there."

Ah, Us Against The World. I'd recognize it anywhere."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1