Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Jets Confident, Are You? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Jets Confident, Are You?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Jets Confident, Are You? Empty
PostSubject: Jets Confident, Are You?   Jets Confident, Are You? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Jets Confident, Are You?
December 18
New York Post columnist Mike Vaccaro
"Midweek in Florham Park, and there are no signs of distress, no signals of fear and/or loathing. No hint of terror. No trace of fear. There is even the sound of . . . gasp . . . laughter here, deep in the woods of North Jersey.

While Jets fans sit and shiver and shimmy and shake, waiting for the other shoe to drop (not an unfounded fear because, let's face it, for three weeks shy of 40 years, the other shoe always has dropped), the people who occupy Jets jerseys for a living sure look cheerier than the ones who drop $79.99 for them at Modell's.

"I think that I have to be honest and tell you that I'm really confident, as I should be," said Brett Favre, who has taken in a rodeo or three in his day. "I would hope that if you polled every one of the players in that locker room they would say the same thing. I think confidence is one of the keys to success."

Nobody from Gallup or Quinnipiac was available to process those polls yesterday, but the mood was bright and the outlook sunny, even if the early forecast in Seattle Sunday calls for snow and temperatures in the 20s. Even the coach, not someone you would ever expect to see at New Talent Night at Caroline's, was in an especially chipper mood.

"You can get a nickname one year and get a revised nickname the next year," the coach formerly known as Mangenius said, though to be perfectly accurate he doesn't have a new-nickname problem among Jets fans these days so much as an epithet problem.

That's the way it should be around the Jets, because with two games left in the season, they are exactly where everyone always wants to be this late in any season: in control one's own destiny. This isn't always such a marvelous thing, as evidenced by these two random quotes plucked out of the recent past:

"We are in control of our own destiny." (David Wright, Sept. 25, 2007).

"We have our destiny in our hands." (David Wright David Wright , Sept. 23, 2008).

OK. So maybe those aren't so random. Still, just because the Jets' ancient baseball cousins managed to squander the destiny that was clutched so firmly in their hands the past two years, it is still better to have it than to not have it. "
[url=Jets Confident, Are You? ]Link[/url]
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Jets Confident, Are You?
Page 1 of 1