Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss Empty
PostSubject: My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss   My BFF helped me deal with a tough loss EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 9:12 am

December 16
Tennessean columnist Carrie Cecil
"As I left Houston's Reliant Stadium with my BFF Blythe, clad in my Titans apparel and old Cecil No. 26 Oilers jersey, a big, noisy, red haired Texans fan hung out of her house on wheels, blew smoke from her Marlboro and sarcastically hollered at us with her toothless twang, "How's it feel?" referring to the Titans' loss.

Blythe gently touched my hand as if to remind me to keep my Christian composure - hence stopping me from unhitching Big Red's doublewide ride - and said, "Pretty good … we're going to the playoffs."

And that's what good friends do - keep it real and in perspective. But, truth be told, I was feeling nauseous, a little broken hearted and dreading the week at the Cecil casa in the wake of The Big L.

Like many of the Titans fans on my Southwest flight back to Nashville, we held our heads high. We continue to keep our feet firmly planted on the solid ground of defense and faith in Coach Fisher. Our optimistic eyes are focused on the big prize in Tampa.

I understand now why the mantra at Baptist Sports Park the entire season has been, "One game at a time." That has never been more relevant than this coming weekend when the Steelers are going to go down in Music City!

The gridironSometimes the fundamentals of the game are not on the field at all, but in the things that happen long after the glow of the lights have faded off the grass at LP Field.

This week I received an e-Christmas card from Titans manager of community relations Tresa Halbrooks designed by the merry band of Santa's community-relations elves.

With Christmas tunes humming in the background, the e-card started with images of an American flag spread across LP Field, with America's brave military men and women standing tall.

Images of our Titans players followed, snuggling youth football fans, holding babies, visiting schools and smiling with sick folks in hospital.

Our team of goodwill ambassadors - T-Rac, cheerleaders, players, coaches and front office gang - boosted my holiday spirit on that rainy day.

I asked folks with the Titans to make these special moments available to you this week. Simply visit titansonline.com and click on the "Seasons Greetings" box to share in our Titans and Tennessee community moments.

Cheers to Tresa!

Ask CarrieThis week's question comes from Rick Rockhill.

Q: What do the Titans do to be prepared to replace injured players throughout the season?

A: Titans Executive Vice President and General Manager Mike Reinfeldt works with Lake Dawson, director of pro scouting, and his team to maintain an emergency board at each position to replace injured Titans.

Reinfeldt broke it down: "That board lists the top five or six guys at each position that we believe are the most viable replacements for our roster."

During the course of the year, Reinfeldt and Dawson bring in every key player on the board that they think would be a fit, and evaluate them. "A"
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1