Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden Empty
PostSubject: Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden   Glazer Says Fans Helped Make Decision On Gruden EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 11:03 am

January 27
Tampa Tribune

"Fan discontent over the direction of the team was a factor in the recent firing of Jon Gruden as head coach of the Buccaneers, executive vice president Bryan Glazer said Monday.

"Our fans are our stockholders. They're what we play for every week. They're the people in our stadium and who watch on TV," Glazer said during an impromptu interview at the media headquarters for the Super Bowl. "This is what it's all about - winning, and how they feel about the team. If they don't feel good at the team, something's wrong."

He added, "Not to speak for the fans, but I think you all know the sense that was out there. It was time for a change."

Gruden was fired on Jan. 16, replaced as head coach by Raheem Morris following a 9-7 season. The Bucs lost four games in December to miss a playoff spot, becoming the first team in NFL history to start 9-3 and miss the post-season.

"It's a mix of a lot of things. We did take our time and talked to a lot of people, not only the players but the community - getting a feel for the team," Glazer said. "We had our opinions and we mixed them all together. We took our time in making the decision.

"I've had players be very, very positive [about the change]. I just ran into Earnest Graham at the NFL Experience [Sunday]. His face just lit up."

The Bucs are an estimated $45 million under the salary cap. Glazer said they're willing to spend what it takes to get the team back into the league's elite."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1