Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Jansen to sit out against Bengals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Jansen to sit out against Bengals Empty
PostSubject: Jansen to sit out against Bengals   Jansen to sit out against Bengals EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:21 pm

December 13
Washington Times
"Jon Jansen won't play in the Washington Redskins' game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, and the veteran tackle won't travel to Ohio in hopes of limiting the swelling in his sprained left knee.

Jansen suffered the injury in the Redskins' 24-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. He returned to practice Thursday and experienced more problems despite limited participation.

"It swelled up on me pretty good," Jansen said. "It stiffened up, so this won't be the week I get back in there. Hopefully, I can get the swelling out and get back next week."

Meanwhile, a pulled abdominal muscle kept defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin out of practice again Friday.

"We got two more days, but if it feels like this on Sunday, I can't go," Griffin said.

Kedric Golston, whose injured right ankle kept him out the past two games, was limited in practice for a second straight day and is expected to replace Griffin. If both Golston and Griffin can't play, Lorenzo Alexander would make the first start of his career.

Safety Chris Horton, who missed practice all week after spraining his right shoulder against the Ravens, is listed as doubtful. Mike Green, who started on Oct. 26 against the Detroit Lions when Horton was sidelined by a sprained ankle, would fill in again if Horton can't go.

"I'm not ruling myself out," Horton said.

The news was better for cornerback Shawn Springs, who has missed four games because of a strained left calf. Springs was limited in practice and is optimistic he'll play Sunday.

A sprained foot again kept middle linebacker London Fletcher out of practice, making him a game-time decision for the third straight week. Fletcher, however, never has missed a game in his 11 seasons and is likely to start against the Bengals. "
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1