Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Jansen practicing again EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Jansen practicing again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Jansen practicing again Empty
PostSubject: Jansen practicing again   Jansen practicing again EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:52 am

Jansen practicing again
December 12
Washington Times
"Just four days after spraining his left knee in the Redskins' loss at Baltimore, right tackle Jon Jansen returned to the practice field Thursday.

He took limited work but could play Sunday at Cincinnati in the first of three must-win games for Washington.

"I did about half the practice," said Jansen, who wore a brace. "We'll see how it feels tomorrow after being on it today. Right now, I'd say it's 50-50. We'll see how it reacts the rest of the week.

"It's not the pain," Jansen added. "I don't really care about that. I've got to be able to move. I want to help the best I can. It might be the last two games instead of this one. If I do something stupid this week, and I miss the last two games and the playoffs [it would be unfortunate]. But if I don't play and we lose this one, then the last two don't matter."

Michael Connor / The Washington Times Right tackle Jon Jansen returned to practice Thursday four days after he sprained his left knee.

While calling likely starter Jason Fabini "a quality veteran," offensive line coach Joe Bugel was upbeat about Jansen's chances of playing.

"Fabini did good for us last year at guard, but don't rule out Jon Jansen," Bugel said. "Today was typical Jon. Tape it up, take an aspirin and go out and play."

Coach Jim Zorn was encouraged that Jansen took some reps, but the 10th-year veteran's status likely won't be decided until Sunday morning. So for now, the plan is for Fabini to start.

Fabini, a starting tackle for the New York Jets during his first eight seasons, stepped in for injured right guard Randy Thomas last year and started 13 games. While most of his starts came on the left side, the 6-foot-7, 309-pound Fabini broke in on the right side and at 34, is best suited for that position, where agility is less critical.

"It's tough at first getting used to being a backup, but at this point I know my role and I have to accept it," said Fabini, who has played in four games this season. "I still felt I could play when I signed here [in March 2007], but others had some doubt. I think the way I played last year gives them confidence that I can get the job done."

Bugel hasn't changed the blocking schemes to accommodate the changes at tackle. "
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Jansen practicing again
Page 1 of 1