Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention Empty
PostSubject: Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention   Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Panthers talent has Shanahan's attentionBy Chris Dempsey
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/10/2008 02:48:48 PM MST
Updated: 12/10/2008 03:19:55 PM MST

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11187187

Mike Shanahan. (The Denver Post)It doesn't matter if the subject is Carolina's run game or run defense, the answers all come out nearly the same from Broncos coach Mike Shanahan — he's impressed.

The Panthers boast the NFL's fourth-ranked rushing attack, chewing up 146 yards per game. But it was Carolina's carve-job of the Tampa Bay defense on Monday night that caught Shanahan's eye. The tandem of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart combined for 301 yards and four touchdowns in the Panthers' 38-23 win.

Asked if the duo is one of the NFL's best tandems, Shanahan gushed.

"They're right up there, that's for sure," he said. "They are working very well together. I don't think I've seen any team run like that against Tampa Bay. They obviously dominated
the game with 300 yards between two backs."
Shanahan said defensive end Julius Peppers, who has 12.5 sacks, is one of the NFL's best and the Broncos will have their hands full, but warned his team is accustomed to seeing talent on the defensive line.

"We see great defensive ends every week," Shanahan said.

Quarterback Jay Cutler says he's confident in rookie left tackle Ryan Clady's ability to get Peppers blocked on a regular basis.

"He's been tested since the first preseason game, and he's passed all the tests," Cutler said.

Cutler added he felt Clady, and others on an offensive line that has allowed just eight sacks this season, should be considered for the Pro Bowl.

"I think Clady definitely deserves some consideration," Cutler said. "I think a lot of guys are blocking at a Pro Bowl level. We knew (Clady) was going to be good, we just didn't expect a rookie to step in and play at that level right away."

As for the running back situation, which changes on almost a weekly basis as injuries have ripped through the position, Cutler professes not to worry.

"So many of those guys are hurt," he said. "Seems like we got a new guy each week. I think we're gong to be fine. I think the O-line has been good opening holes, no matter who is back there."

Footnotes

Shanahan said cornerback Champ Bailey (groin) will practice Saturday to determine his availability for Sunday's game.

...Of Selvin Young, who has been out with a groin injury, Shanahan said "he feels like he can go. He got some reps today (in practice). Limited reps."

...Wide receiver Brandon Stokley (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Panthers talent has Shanahan's attention
Page 1 of 1