Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Panthers look forward to big meal EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Panthers look forward to big meal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Panthers look forward to big meal Empty
PostSubject: Panthers look forward to big meal   Panthers look forward to big meal EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 12:40 am

Players discuss their favorite holiday foods, and what they're thankful for
By Charles Chandler
cchandler@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Thursday, Nov. 27, 2008

Panthers cornerback Richard Marshall on Thanksgiving: “I'm just thankful for being in the NFL, being able to play this great game that a lot of people want to play …”

Carolina Panthers players will do the same as the most of rest of us today. After their morning practice, they'll gather with family and friends and feast on a Thanksgiving meal.

Some of them, especially the linemen, will have to be careful not to overeat and risk tipping the scales too heavy before Sunday's game at Green Bay.

Others, like quarterback Jake Delhomme, have trouble with losing too much weight during the season, so the extra stuffing will be a welcome change.

Here's what some of the players had to say Wednesday about their favorite Thanksgiving food and what they're thankful for this year:

QUARTERBACK JAKE DELHOMME: What he looks forward to eating: “A lot! This time of year, I try to eat any and everything to keep weight on. We have the in-laws in town. We'll have a wide variety, naturally the turkey and the stuffings.”

Since he's from Louisiana, will the meal be Cajun style?: “We just have a little more red pepper on everything. It's pretty much generic, what everybody eats for Thanksgiving, but just a little more seasoning.”

What he's thankful for: “Professionally, I'm thankful to play this game. As hard as it is and as frustrating as it can get sometimes – and certainly you're under a lot of scrutiny sometimes – we get paid to play a kids' game. Every day, on Sundays especially, I'm one of 32 quarterbacks in the world who get to play a football game.

“Family-wise, (I have my) health, a beautiful wife, two beautiful daughters, so I'm happy. I don't need a whole lot. Life has been good.”

RECEIVER STEVE SMITH: His meal: “Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and a little ginger ale.”

Ginger ale? “I like ginger ale.”

What he's thankful for: “I'd say my family. And, honestly, I'd say the opportunity to not have as much pressure on me with these economical times as other people. Even guys in the league, some guys are still struggling, (maybe) with bad business investments.

“I play this game because it's my job (and I'm thankful) not to be playing for any reason other than to win championships. Yeah, the money is good and all the accolades and all the little things you get. But on Sunday, when I'm out there playing, I'm not thinking if I catch this ball I'll get an extra $5.”

CORNERBACK RICHARD MARSHALL: Favorite Thanksgiving Food: “Yams and ham.”

What he's thankful for: “I'm just thankful for being in the NFL, being able to play this great game that a lot of people want to play and don't have the opportunity to play. I'm thankful for having my family around, hanging out with my family and friends.”

RECEIVER DWAYNE JARRETT: Food he'll enjoy today: “Turkey, ham, macaroni and cheese – I love macaroni and cheese – potato salad, corn bread, all that good stuff.”

Who's cooking?: “My grandmother. I flew her out with my grandfather, so she's going to throw down.”

What he's thankful for: “I'm thankful, first, for my family. And my teammates, I love these guys like my brothers. I'm thankful to be blessed as I am just to have the opportunity to be in the NFL. People say the NFL is “not for long.” Just to get here is definitely an accomplishment, but to maintain being here means a lot.”

DEFENSIVE TACKLE DAMIONE LEWIS: What he's cooking: “When I get home tomorrow, I'm going to deep-fry a turkey. I've got it thawing out right now. It's got to be at room temperature before you put it in that grease, so I'm really looking forward to that. Everybody loves Turkey Day. I'm going to try to be 303 (pounds) in the morning and probably 312 on Friday.”

What he's thankful for: “I'm thankful for my family, my (two) children (under age 3). They have 10 fingers and 10 toes, they're healthy and growing. That's my biggest thing.”

GUARD KEYDRICK VINCENT: What's on the menu?: “A little turkey and a little ham, a little greens, yellow rice, a little sweet potato pie, apple pie, a little ice cream. But I'm watching this figure. It's hard to keep it up once you get a body like this. With any meal, you can lose it. But not Big Daddy.”

What he's thankful for: “I just thank God for my family and for bringing me to the Panthers. My teammates, my coaches, we've been successful so far. A lot of people don't have what I have. Every day I thank God for that. It's humbling. It's a privilege for me to even play in the NFL.”
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: Panthers look forward to big meal   Panthers look forward to big meal EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 10:08 am

To me, this is one of the greatest Panther articles I have ever read. Everything about these guys responses says "CLASS". I'm sure that most of the players on this particular team would have responded the same way.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jschnars

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Panthers look forward to big meal   Panthers look forward to big meal EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Wow, sounded like Vincent really knows how to eat.
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: Panthers look forward to big meal   Panthers look forward to big meal EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:27 pm

I love Lewis' comment about starting at 303 and ending up at 312. LOL I did something similar the last week or so. I worked out really hard to drop 5 or 6 lbs before the holiday, so I would have a little "room to grow". Got down to 189 by Thurs. morning. Weighed in at 194 Friday morning. I should be at linebacker size by next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panthers look forward to big meal   Panthers look forward to big meal Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1