Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
June 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again Empty
PostSubject: I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again   I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:31 pm

I think Julius Peppers is gone. The Panthers can tie him up and lock him down. But I don't expect them to.

Some team, perhaps one of the Final Four a source told me Wednesday that Peppers was willing to play for, will be intrigued by his potential. And they'll cut a long-term deal with him and cut a deal with the Panthers.

The rules say that a team has to give the Panthers two first-round draft picks. The rules lie. The Minnesota Vikings gave Kansas City one first-round pick and two-third round picks before the 2008 season for their star franchise pass rusher, Jared Allen. Both Peppers and Allen had 14 1/2 sacks last season.

If the Panthers, who are coming off two strong drafts, can get three picks, one in the first round, for Peppers, they should jump. I'd jump.

Some of you want to see the Panthers play hardball, and grind Peppers down and show him who runs the show and you're so angry that you'll never wear your No. 90 jersey again. You're the same fans who vowed to boycott Major League Baseball after the strike and vowed to boycott Carolina middle linebacker Jon Beason after his holdout in '07. But there you were at the ballgame with a hot dog and a beer, and there you were cheering for Beason, who was Carolina's most valuable defensive player last season.

The Panthers will take the best deal they can get. There are some intriguing combinations. My source wouldn't identify the four teams when I broke the story Wednesday ( I know that's pretentious, "broke the story," but I hear other writers use the phrase all the time whether it's true or not and I wanted to try it out).

He would say only that one of the teams was Dallas, that one was in the AFC and two were teams to which the Panthers would not want to trade Peppers.

The latter indicates that the teams are on Carolina's schedule next season.

The AFC team? I'd guess Miami, Houston or New England.

The Peppers issue has become polarizing, everybody is taking sides, and few are taking his.

The issue is much more interesting than Carolina's playoff game. By halftime, we knew how that one would turn out.

Where Peppers will go, and for what?

I have no idea.
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
JayJ1

JayJ1

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again   I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:35 pm

It is funny bc the entire NFL is now convinced that Peppers will be in Carolina next year. I doubt it but hey crazier things have happened. Hurney is a genius if this is really what everyone thinks either that or the small market is actually helping us for once.
Back to top Go down
PanthersRowell

PanthersRowell

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again   I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:49 am

Peppers will be hard to replace but if a trade does get done Houston would probably be his landing spot more than likely I've been thinking anyhow they've already got a good team and they would only need a few key players to turn that defense around next season just makes sense huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again   I'll be shocked if Peppers plays for the Panthers again Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1