Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Peppers wants out EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Peppers wants out EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Peppers wants out EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Peppers wants out EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Peppers wants out EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Peppers wants out EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Peppers wants out EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Peppers wants out EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Peppers wants out EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Peppers wants out

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Peppers wants out Empty
PostSubject: Peppers wants out   Peppers wants out EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Peppers wants out
By Charles Chandler
cchandler@charlotteobserver.com

After declining to say since training camp whether he wants to remain with the Carolina Peppers, the Pro Bowl defensive end announced late Friday night through his agent that he wants a change of scenery.

"The front office has been informed of my desire to explore opportunities with other NFL teams following the expiration of my contract next month," Peppers said in a statement released to ESPN through his agent, Carl Carey. "At this point in my career, I am seeking new challenges that will allow me to grow, develop and reach my personal potential on the football field.

"I strongly feel that making a move at this time is in my best interest. I appreciate the entire Panthers organization and am thankful for the seven seasons I've spent with the team."

Carolina officials and Carey couldn't be reached for comment.

The Panthers have tried for more than a year to sign Peppers, who turns 29 Sunday, to a long-term contract extension that would have made him the NFL's highest paid defensive player, but he never agreed to terms.

He told area reporters, including from the Observer, last Sunday as he was leaving Bank of America Stadium that he didn't want to "cripple" himself or the Panthers and wanted what's best for both parties.

The Panthers have the option to put the franchise tag on Peppers and could force him to try to play for a one-year tender of $17 million.

They also could franchise him and trade him to another team. The Minnesota Vikings aquired defensive end Jared Allen from Kansas City last year in exchange for a first-round pick and two third-roundders.

Carey told ESPN that Peppers wouldn't change his mind.

"Julius is firm in his decision that he needs a change," Carey said. "He feels that he can thrive in another system. While he has been selected to four Pro Bowls and designated as an All-Pro during his career, he feels that he has yet to develop to his full potential. This is the case of a great player who seeks to become an elite one."

Peppers led the Panthers with a career high 14 1/2 sacks this season and holds the franchise record with 70 1/2.

Carolina obtained him with the second pick of the 2002 draft after his college career at North Carolina.
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
jschnars

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Peppers wants out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants out   Peppers wants out EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:37 pm

If he has an amazing year next year, Fox needs to be fired.
Back to top Go down

Peppers wants out
Page 1 of 1