Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on Empty
PostSubject: Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on   Tampa Bay Buccaneers tell Jeff Garcia to move on EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 pm

February 17
St. Petersburg Times

"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have told well-traveled quarterback Jeff Garcia to move on.

Garcia, who turns 39 before the start of free agency Feb. 27, said Sunday night Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik has informed his agent, Steve Baker, that the team did not want him to return for a third season.

"My time in Tampa has come to an end,'' Garcia said.

The Bucs signed quarterback Luke McCown to a two-year, $7.5-million contract last week, preventing him from becoming a free agent.

"I'm not under contract and I'm about to hit free agency and that means it's time again for me to just move on,'' Garcia said. "It is disappointing because I enjoyed the atmosphere and the team environment in that locker room...Change is needed at times. Sometimes it's how you tweak it, not change it. With a new head coach, they want somebody pulling the trigger that they can mold. Beyond that, I don't know why they're making the move.''

Garcia went 14-10 in 24 starts during the regular season with the Bucs the past two seasons, leading Tampa Bay to a playoff appearance in 2007 and earning a trip to the Pro Bowl while throwing 13 touchdowns and four interceptions.

But last season, a calf injury he sustained in training camp led to his benching after a season-opening loss at New Orleans. Garcia regained the job the second quarter of the season and finished with an 8-5 record.

But after a 9-3 start, Tampa Bay lost its final four games in December -- including one that Garcia was forced to miss at Atlanta because of a leg injury. Coach Jon Gruden and general manager Bruce Allen were fired Jan. 17 after failing to reach the playoffs.

At the time of Gruden's firing, Garcia said he believed a change was needed. But he says Gruden pushed him to become a better quarterback in two seasons with the Bucs.

"I think in many ways, Jon has received somewhat of a bad rap after all that's been said and done after his firing,'' Garcia said. "To the quarterback room, he brought a lot of knowledge and definitely brought enthusiasm every single day. He challenged me as a player to find ways to better myself as a player. That was on a daily basis. There wasn't a day that went by when you felt you could relax and rest upon what you knew as a quarterback."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1