Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension Empty
PostSubject: Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension   Peterman, Lions agree to five-year extension EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:26 pm

February 17
Detroit News

"The Lions have agreed to terms on a five-year contract extension for guard Stephen Peterman. The deal is worth about $15 million total, with $5.5 million in guaranteed money, a league source said.

Peterman, who started 27 games the past two seasons as the Lions' right guard, was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent Feb. 27. But he opted not to test the waters, preferring to stay in Detroit, where the team's new offensive line coach, George Yarno, is his former collegiate position coach at LSU.

"It was kind of weird there for a little while, you know, with them bringing in a new coach and staff," Peterman said Monday from his suburban Detroit home. "Me and my wife, we kind of prepared for things, thinking we could be going to a new team. But right after the Senior Bowl (in late January), they hired Coach Yarno and we had some good conversations and he said they wanted me back.

"Through all this, I'm glad to be back. I love the guys I've met since I've been here, and I want to be a part of rebuilding this thing and win a Super Bowl."

The Lions haven't confirmed the signing yet. But general manager Martin Mayhew said Peterman, 27, a third-round pick by Dallas in 2004 who signed as a free agent with the Lions in 2006, was one of three scheduled free agents the team was negotiating with last week.

Kicker Jason Hanson and fullback Moran Norris are the others, and Mayhew said the team will designate Hanson as its franchise player by Thursday's deadline if the two sides can't agree to terms on a contract extension."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1