Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle Empty
PostSubject: McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle   McNabb says he wants to retire as an Eagle EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:02 pm

January 31
Philadelphia Daily News

"The fictional pool party Donovan McNabb envisioned yesterday sounded a whole lot more colorful than what the real contract talks between Eagles' management and its quarterback are likely to resemble.McNabb suggested that he, Andy Reid and team president Joe Banner were going swimming in Tampa, with Reid "wearing a Speedo," Banner carrying "a little float," and Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie barbecuing, as they hashed out contract details. This would clear a major offseason hurdle for the team, and provide some memorable video footage, as well.Unfortunately, we're pretty sure McNabb was joking.McNabb, in high spirits as he toured the Super Bowl XLIII media center "radio row" with his parents on behalf of Novartis pharmaceutical company and its medications, reiterated to a group of Philadelphia-area reporters that his contract will indeed be on the agenda in his offseason sitdown with management. But he emphatically declared, "I want to retire as an Eagle."That part came when McNabb was asked about NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders' repeated assertions that the quarterback and his family want out of Philadelphia."I talk to Deion. Deion is a great guy, but Deion's not speaking for me. I want to retire as an Eagle," McNabb said. "I remember my rookie year, or I believe my second year, with Mayor Street, I said I wanted to bring a Super Bowl back to Philadelphia, go down Broad Street with the parade. The Phillies did it first, and I'm happy for them that they did, but myself and [free safety] Brian Dawkins, it's something we've talked about for years, being able to do that. We look forward to hopefully bringing it back next year, down Broad Street, I believe [the game's] in Miami, be able to hold that trophy up and say, 'We did it.' "McNabb was asked about Banner's recent media tour and his contention that neither McNabb nor agent Fletcher Smith has said anything to the Eagles about McNabb's contract being an issue. So will his contract will be part of the discussion?"Everyone knows that," McNabb said, laughing off the idea that Banner will somehow be surprised. "You guys know that, and you talk about it. We'll just leave it behind closed doors. Communication'll go well. We'll hopefully get things solved. We'll be here [in the Super Bowl] next year, hopefully, and I won't have to go through media row. I'll be sitting at the little tent with the chair [on an interview podium] trying to answer questions and get ready for the game on Sunday.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1