Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire Empty
PostSubject: 9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire   9-time Pro Bowler Lynch to retire EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 pm

'No regrets'
by Jay Glazer
Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8792872/'No-regrets':-9-time-Pro-Bowler-Lynch-to-retire

Updated: November 14, 2008, 7:10 PM EST 156 comments add this RSS blog email Print Future Hall of Fame safety John Lynch will not play for the Patriots in 2008, or for any other team. Not this year. Not ever again.

Lynch told FOXSports.com on Friday that he is retiring from the NFL, and will hold a press conference on Monday in Tampa to make his decision official.

"I had so many great years down there and so many great memories. I thought it would be appropriate," said the 37-year-old Lynch. "I have no regrets. I got to live my childhood dream and play for two great organizations, much longer than you could ever hope for. The time was right to do it now."

Lynch, a nine-time Pro Bowler and four-time All-Pro, played his first 11 seasons in Tampa Bay, winning Super Bowl XXXVIII with the Bucs. He then played four seasons under Mike Shanahan with the Denver Broncos.

"Just everything you'd want in a player," Shanahan said Friday after hearing about Lynch's retirement. "He set an example on how to be a pro."

Lynch finished his career with 1,277 tackles, 100 pass breakups and 26 interceptions in 224 regular-season games.

"John was one of the most intense players I have ever played with," Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said. "It was an honor and a pleasure to play four years with John Lynch. I learned a lot from him."

Lynch's decline in playing time began last season as he started to come off the field on passing downs. Still, he played every snap over the last three games, and Broncos owner Pat Bowlen talked him into signing a cut-rate deal in the offseason.

As practices with the Broncos wore on, Lynch became disappointed with the amount of time he was receiving. He asked the team to let him explore other options.

The Broncos did just that, understanding his choice.

"You want them to be happy with how they finish things off," receiver Brandon Stokley said. "You want what's best for him. He was a great player, great teammate and somebody the NFL will miss.

"He was somebody you always knew where he was. He brought it every play."

Though he will make his retirement announcement in Tampa, Lynch is not going to sign a one-day deal with the Bucs, as other players have done in order to retire as a member of their preferred team. He simply wanted to return to his football home.
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1