Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Delhomme not fazed by turnovers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Delhomme not fazed by turnovers Empty
PostSubject: Delhomme not fazed by turnovers   Delhomme not fazed by turnovers EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:24 pm

By David Scott
dscott@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Thursday, Nov. 13, 2008

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/panthers/story/337426.html

11/9/08 Carolina Panthers quarterback (17) Jake Delhomme rushes to congratulate running back (34) DeAngelo Williams following his rushing touchdown during second half action Sunday. The Panthers led the Raiders at the half. JEFF SINER - jsiner@charlotteobserver.com

To purchase this photo | Browse our store
More Information
Panthers survive Raiders, 17-6

Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme mostly blamed his arm – not his head – for his four-interception game Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.

“One decision I wish I had back,” Delhomme said Wednesday.

“The rest, I didn't make good throws.”

Delhomme said he saw Raiders safety Rashad Baker closing in on receiver Steve Smith on the second of the four interceptions.

“We had a ‘stutter-go' on and the safety was so deep,” Delhomme said.

“After the fake, he really shot over to Steve and I should have thrown it more to the side.”

The other three, Delhomme said, were bad throws.

He said he heard about them on the Panthers' happy plane ride back to Charlotte later Sunday.

“We got a lot of jokes out of the way,” he said. “Especially after a win.”

Delhomme had one of his own, after hearing that teammate Julius Peppers was named the NFC's defensive player of the week Wednesday.

“I should have won the AFC's defensive player of the week,” he said.

Notes

Peppers won the NFC's honor thanks to his big game against the Raiders, when he had eight tackles (three for a loss), three sacks, three quarterback hurries and two forced fumbles.

For the season, Peppers has seven sacks, with 35 tackles (10 for losses), 17 quarterback hurries and four forced fumbles. He had 2.5 sacks all of last season.

Coach John Fox announced the award to the team after practice and also told the players that linebacker Jon Beason had been named the NFC's defensive player of the month for October.

That's been common knowledge for about a week, but Fox said he hadn't gotten around to telling the team.

The Panthers' Sunday opponents – the winless Detroit Lions – are having problems keeping their quarterbacks healthy and recently signed veteran Daunte Culpepper out of retirement.

The Panthers had similar problems last season, when Delhomme went down with an injured elbow and the ancient Vinny Testaverde was brought in.

So the Lions receivers shouldn't look for any sympathy from Smith.

“Better them than me,” he said.

Center Ryan Kalil was the only player to miss practice Wednesday, although defensive tackle Darwin Walker (neck) practiced on a limited basis.

Kalil continues to nurse a sprained ankle he suffered Oct.5 against Kansas City.

Kalil missed the next three games and tried to play against the Raiders.

He left the game after deciding the ankle hadn't healed sufficiently.
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1