Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice Empty
PostSubject: Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice   Eagles' Westbrook takes part in practice EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:05 pm

January 17
Philadelphia Inquirer
"Brian Westbrook was more than a spectator at Eagles practice yesterday, taking part in his first workout of the week and saying afterward that his chronically sore left knee felt better than it had the previous week.Eagles coach Andy Reid said his star running back "was out there through a good three-quarters of practice" indoors at the NovaCare Complex and added later that he has "really practiced well down the stretch here."While it remained to be seen what effect running on the hard surface of the indoor facility, followed by a 41/2-hour flight to Phoenix for tomorrow's NFC championship game against Arizona, would have on his knee, Westbrook appeared as upbeat as one could be answering the same questions about the same injury yet again.How's the knee feel?"It feels good," he said.Better than last week or the same?"I would say better."What has changed?"It just feels good. I don't know what it is."Westbrook also addressed an ESPN report Wednesday that initially said he had "reinjured" the knee in Sunday's divisional playoff win over the New York Giants. The key verb in the account later was changed to "tweaked.""My knee's fine," he said. "I think it hasn't been said, but a lot of times throughout games when you have injuries, you're going to tweak your injury no matter what that injury is. This wasn't the only game that I tweaked my knee, but it happens throughout football games."Westbrook, 29, has missed the majority of practices this season to rest his knee, which has given him trouble since he tore a ligament during his high school days. He often has participated in a few plays during Friday practices, but he was involved in several snaps yesterday.The former Villanova star is eager to have a breakout game after being held in check on the ground in the first two weeks of the postseason. He has averaged less than two yards per carry, rushing 20 times for 38 yards against Minnesota and 18 times for 36 yards against the Giants."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1