Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets Empty
PostSubject: Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets   Terrell Owens would not be a good catch for Giants or Jets EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 am

January 16
New York Daily News
"Terrell Owens, who poisons teams, destroys locker-room chemistry and drops too many passes, may be on the verge of getting fired by the Cowboys, the third team he has ripped apart.

The Giants desperately need a big playmaking wide receiver to replace Plaxico Burress. The Jets need a No. 1 receiver to go along with Lavernaues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery.

Is it advisable that either team pursue Owens if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is willing to admit that signing T.O. to a second contract last year was even more of a mistake than signing him to his first contract in 2006?

Just Say No To T.O.

The Giants and Jets should lock the doors to their offices just in case T.O. and his agent Drew Rosenhausby for a sales pitch. They should alert security guards not to let them within 100 yards of the building. They should tell T.O. no popcorn is sold in the metropolitan area.

And just in case Rosenhaus tries to push the issue, they should show T.O. tapes of Eli Manning and Brett Favre throwing the ball the last month of the season. That should get him to run away and not look back.

The Jets will have absolutely no interest if Owens is let go. They are focusing on hiring a coach - Rex Ryan could be announced next week if the Ravens lose on Sunday - and figuring out their quarterback situation. The Giants investigate everything and never take anything for granted and thus never rule anything out, but can you ever see Tom Coughlin signing off on the Giants bringing in Owens? Not a chance, especially after what he's been through with Burress. If the Giants suddenly feel desperate, perhaps Coughlin can just call his buddy Bill Parcells to find out just how difficult life with Owens is. Parcells had Owens in 2006 in Dallas and I never heard him refer to Owens by name. It was always "the player." Parcells has the personality to deal with anybody, but he detested coaching Owens. One year with Owens and Parcells retired.

Signing Owens "was not my decision," Parcells told me after he left Dallas. "I had to do the best I could with him, which is what I tried to do."

Neither the Giants nor Jets had any interest in Owens when the Eagles cut him following the 2005 season. The word out of Dallas is improving team chemistry has now become the Cowboys' No.1 offseason priority. It's not a hard project. All Jones has to do is get rid of Owens and things go back to normal, or as normal as they ever are for the Cowboys."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1