Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

GIANTS: GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-18

GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT Empty
PostSubject: GIANTS: GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT   GIANTS:  GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:19 pm

GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT
By PAUL SCHWARTZ

Take my left guard . . . please.

David Diehl said his upcoming challenge is not stand-up comedy but it will be "outside my comfort zone" when he makes his stage debut after six years in the trenches as the Giants' sturdiest offensive lineman.

Diehl will be a "sketch actor" at 10 tonight in "12 Angry Mascots," a sports-themed comedy show at Comix Comedy Club, at 353 W. 14th St. The Knicks' Nate Robinson will help host the event.

"It's something out of the norm, something you're not used to," Diehl told The Post yesterday. "I'm not scared in front of people, I'm not worried about talking or anything like that, I just want to make sure I'm on my 'A' game because I don't want to get booed up there."

When approached about this opportunity, Diehl immediately called his agent, Peter Schaffer. "He said, 'What do I do?' I said, 'Go be funny,' " Schaffer said. "I just hope someone tapes this."

Diehl has received a rough script, but most of the action will be improvised.

"A lot of it is just off-the-cuff, what you think of, being witty, going along with punch lines and things like that," he said.

Diehl will be involved in two and possibly three sketches. Eat your heart out, Eli Manning. One role Diehl plays is of an NFL quarterback. "How about that?" Diehl said with a chuckle.

Several Giants teammates are expected to attend and Diehl is sure mixed in with the support will be some heckling. Part of the proceeds will go to Diehl's foundation, Project Sunshine, which raises money for families to pay for pediatric hospital visits and bills.

"I like going to comedy shows, I always watch 'em on TV," Diehl said. "The opportunity arose, I'll try it. Why not? I'm not sitting here looking to become a stand-up comedian or anything like that, but it's a fun opportunity. I'm going to enjoy myself, have a good time playing a role and more importantly money from the door and the event will go towards my charity, Project Sunshine, so it's a win-win."
Back to top Go down

GIANTS: GIANTS' DIEHL STEPS INTO THE SPOTLIGHT
Page 1 of 1