Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
August 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back Empty
PostSubject: A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back   A lot riding on Hasselbeck's back EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:37 pm

January 16
Seattle Post-Intelligencer
"Matt Hasselbeck has been called Hasselback more times than he cares to remember.

But the syllabic slip never has been more appropriate, as Hasselbeck enters his ninth season as the Seahawks quarterback with a bulging disk in his back and his 34th birthday on tap in September.

The combination of Hasselbeck's injury situation, age and elevated contract status prompted more than a few reports and rumors in the past few months that he could be released or traded this offseason.

The look on club president Tim Ruskell's face when presented with that scenario screams please.

"Matt's our quarterback," Ruskell said. "I'm very happy that he is."

Jim Mora, the former secondary coach who has replaced Mike Holmgren as head coach, echoed that sentiment Tuesday.

"Certainly, Matt Hasselbeck is the point man," Mora said. "He's our point guard. He's our triggerman. He's our quarterback. I'm very excited about that.

"Matt is a special player. He's a special man. And he gives us a ton of flexibility. The most important thing for us right now is that Matt get -- and stay -- healthy."

Good point, because the ailment that forced Hasselbeck to miss nine games in 2008 -- and play ineffectively in the seven games he did start (10 interceptions, compared with five touchdown passes) -- is a concern that lingers.

"The body heals itself," he said as the players were cleaning out their lockers the day after the season-ending loss to the Cardinals in Arizona.

"I'm hopeful to be better by the end of (January). All in all, I'll be better before I talk to you guys again."

That should be the first week in April, when the Seahawks are allowed an additional minicamp by league rules because they have a new coach.

Hasselbeck says that dealing with the back situation -- which began in August and never was right for the entire season -- will help him as he moves forward.

"Just even the short time I was doing (the rehab), I felt like I had a lot more velocity on my ball and I was throwing it farther," he said. "And that's while I was hurt.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1