Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries Empty
PostSubject: Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries   Polamalu, Hartwig due to play despite injuries EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:55 am

January 14
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
"It turned out that two key Steelers starters were injured Sunday, although both remained in the game, but they expect to play in the AFC championship game against the Baltimore Ravens.

All-Pro strong safety Troy Polamalu has a strained calf that was injured in pregame warm-ups, and center Justin Hartwig injured a knee in the second quarter.

"[Polamalu] was able to go in the football game, which was good," coach Mike Tomlin said yesterday, revealing the injury for the first time. "We tempered that because we wanted to see what he felt like in the days that followed the performance. All indications are that he will be able to play in this game.

"I may limit him some at the beginning of the week and err on the side of caution. But he played above the line in that football game and he feels pretty good as we sit here today."

Polamalu was not introduced with his teammates before the game Sunday. He had four tackles, three solo. There was a report this week that he had a virus.

"I was unaware of that," Tomlin said. "What I was aware of was that he strained his calf during warm-ups. That's why he was not introduced with the defense when the defensive guys were introduced before the game. He was in the back getting treatment and getting taken care of and getting prepared to play. We were really not sure he was going to be ready to go until we put the defense on the field and he went by me going onto the field."

Hartwig also may not practice today.

"He was fitted with a brace at halftime and really, played at a higher level in the second half than he did the first, so I don't imagine that will stop him from seeing any action," Tomlin said.

The remaining players are healthy, the coach said.

Tomlin prefers high standards

Tomlin and his team have a chance to do something no other team has done, add a sixth Lombardi Trophy to the collection. The expectations in Pittsburgh, Tomlin acknowledged, are higher than many other places.

"I love the high expectations that come with this job. I'd rather have high ones than low ones. It's a sense of pride. The tradition is awesome, you can't put a price tag on it. It's inspiring, not only to me but I think everybody who's in this organization. Standards are great.

"As parents, we try to hold our kids to high standards. Those who have come before us set the standards for us. We understand that when we come in the building, we understand that when we take the field. We try to honor those guys.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1