Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine Empty
PostSubject: Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine   Seriously, Polamalu's calf feeling just fine EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:59 pm

January 16
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
"After practice yesterday, Troy Polamalu's first response was: The calf was killing him. Didn't know if he could play Sunday.

Now the real story.

"It felt good out there," the Steelers' Pro Bowl safety said, returning to his customary serious, straightforward approach. "I practiced normally."

Polamalu hurt the calf in pregame warmups Sunday, but played well enough to make three tackles and show no ill affects from the injury. He was listed as fully participating in practice yesterday and is expected to remain in the starting lineup for the AFC championship game against Baltimore at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Heinz Field.

Center Justin Hartwig said he expects to be in the lineup, although he still hasn't returned to full practice. He was listed as limited after working lightly yesterday, with right guard Darnell Stapleton working at center and backup Trai Essex replacing Stapleton.

"I'm sure I'll practice a little [Friday]," Hartwig said after practice yesterday.

Meanwhile, the banged-up Ravens -- who haven't had an off week since the season's second week -- continued to have key players limited in practice, with standout outside linebacker Terrell Suggs noticeably absent.

Suggs, who sustained a sprained his right shoulder in recording his 10th sack of the regular season and playoffs Saturday, missed practice yesterday and is wearing a sling.

Besides Suggs, missing a second consecutive day of Ravens practice were cornerback Samari Rolle (thigh), receivers Mark Clayton (thigh) and Derrick Mason (knee) and defensive tackle Justin Bannan (foot). Listed as participating in a limited fashion yesterday were linebacker Ray Lewis (shoulder), safety Ed Reed (knee), tight end Todd Heap (back), fullback Le'Ron McClain (ankle), fullback Lorenzo Neal (shoulder) and linebacker Jarret Johnson (calf).

Honorary captains

The Steelers already stole one from the Ravens. Rod Woodson, who started out and starred with them from 1987-96, but earned a Super Bowl ring with the Ravens, will serve as one of the Steelers' honorary co-captains Sunday. He will be joined by former teammate Dermontti Dawson. The two former Steelers greats are among the 15 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists.

While at work as an NFL Network analyst Wednesday, Woodson joked on the air that the Steelers personally invited him, but he could yet hear from Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

Troy admires Ed

This may be a heated rivalry, but Polamalu has nothing but respect to his Ravens counterpart, Reed.

"I've told him many times, 'You're the greatest safety to play the game,' " Polamalu said of Reed. "I've told him that to his face.

"We all learn from each other. And I think we learn more from him. He makes big plays. Whenever you see him have a one-interception game, it's disappointing. 'He only got one? He must be injured.' ""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1