Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job Empty
PostSubject: Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job   Ravens' D-coordinator wants head coaching job EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:08 am

January 5
Rocky Mountain News
"After seeing his unit dismantle the Miami Dolphins offense Sunday, Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan had a message for the Broncos and every other team in the market for a head coach:

Defense wins, and he knows how to coach it.

"The numbers say I've done a decent job," Ryan said. "If a team wants to stop somebody, all you have to do is look at my track record. If we don't get them stopped in the first year, it will probably be the first time we don't get them stopped in my career, going back through college, whatever. . . . I'll get my time, and whoever gets me will get a guy who is a real football coach and not a pretender."

The Broncos don't have Ryan among the first five candidates they will interview for their head coaching job, but Ryan said Sunday he wants to be a head coach and believes he will be one when the 2009 season begins.

The Broncos interviewed Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on Saturday night in New York and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on Sunday in Providence, R.I., even as Ryan's defense intercepted Miami quarterback Chad Pennington four times and forced five turnovers overall.

Ryan and Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier are expected to be in the next wave of interviews if the Broncos don't believe they have found their man among their first five meetings.

Veteran Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle said Denver or any team would get "a guy who is ready to do it right now."

"But you know, he's a better person than a coach," Rolle said of Ryan. "He cares about you and he keeps us under control. Defense, we're his guys. I mean, look at this locker room. There are some strong personalities on this defense to deal with, real strong personalities.

"But Rex handles it. He's got a strong personality, too. Nobody disrespects Rex, nobody. We all play for him. I used to wonder when I was in Tennessee how the Ravens did it year after year. Now I know. You come in, guys understand. Guys like Rex keep the tradition. He's overdue, he's earned a chance."

Ryan is expected to get interest from the Lions and Rams as soon as he is available for an interview. He cannot interview until the week after the conference championship games if the Ravens advance to the Super Bowl, or after the Ravens are knocked out of the playoffs.

He interviewed for the head coaching jobs in Atlanta, Miami and Baltimore last year. When John Harbaugh was hired as Ravens head coach, he retained Ryan, and the Ravens again were among the league's defensive leaders.

"I think every coach in the NFL, every college, everywhere would want to be," Ryan said of head coaching aspirations. "I hope I get the opportunity. It's not the end-all if I don't, but I would like the opportunity. And, again, if you want to stop somebody, I've got a track record."

Proven guy

Count Philadelphia Eagles general manager Tom Heckert as a Spagnuolo fan.

Spagnuolo int"
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1