Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself Empty
PostSubject: Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself   Eagles QB McNabb making good case for himself EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 am

January 5 Philadelphia Daily News Columnist Sam Donnellon

"Jeffrey Lurie was playing a little hide and seek in the visitor's locker room last night, not his usual modus operandi following an Eagles' victory. "I don't want it to break out into a press conference," he told one television reporter who asked for some clarity to his words about Donovan McNabb in a Boston newspaper.Moments later, as he observed the room's happiness from a far corner, I asked for the same thing.Lurie smiled. "It's exactly as I said. He had it right."In yesterday's Boston Globe, the Eagles owner told Mike Reiss that he had "every intention of having him back," for the 2009 season. Later in the interview, Lurie watered it down a bit with an assessment of McNabb's record-breaking season as "up and down," but who really would argue much with that?Not McNabb, at least publicly. Asked about Lurie's comments following yesterday's 26-14 wild-card victory over the Vikings, McNabb said, "That's exciting. Because I don't have to answer questions from you guys about whether I'll be here. That's very nice."Nice. Exciting. Don't look a gift owner in the mouth. Was it only 6 weeks ago that the franchise quarterback's departure seemed as imminent as an accelerating train? Was it only 6 weeks ago that McNabb looked so flustered out there, so unconfident, so devoid of soldiers who offered support?Was it only 6 weeks ago that he seemed so alone?Donovan McNabb can say 1 million times that his second-half benching in the 36-7 loss to Baltimore had no effect on what has occurred since. But it was interesting to see how different he looked and how differently he handled the latest package thrown at him by Andy Reid's protégés yesterday. Leslie Frazier, the Vikings defensive coordinator, once worked under Jim Johnson. Minnesota head coach Brad Childress was hired by Reid to tutor McNabb in his early years. These guys know McNabb better than anybody in the league, certainly better than Baltimore coach John Harbaugh - who was just a special teams coach with the Eagles.With the Metrodome noise forcing him to continually change plays with his hands and his feet, McNabb completed 23 of 34 passes for 300 yards. Frazier just kept the blitzes coming and coming and coming. McNabb was sacked three times, fumbled once, was picked off once too. He spent so much time getting hit as he threw that he probably only watched a handful of his completions reach their mark. Each time, he bounced back into the huddle with an angry scowl, and often with a few choice words for somebody or somebodies. Calm. Angry. Vocal.What's gotten into him?"I want him that way," said Jason Avant, who has been a target in every sense of the word during this playoff run. Yesterday Avant caught five passes for 47 yards, including a couple of tough balls over the middle in which he was subsequently annihilated. "A lot of the things and a lot of the ridicule and a lot of the criticism he receives is not just due to him," Avant added.I know. It's the same old Charlie Brown story, th
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1