Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Eagles simply not good enough EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Eagles simply not good enough

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Eagles simply not good enough Empty
PostSubject: Eagles simply not good enough   Eagles simply not good enough EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:33 am

December 23
Trenton Times columnist Mark Eckel
"You can tell me the Eagles lost to the Washington Redskins because Reggie Brown didn't run the right route and should have gotten into the end zone on the last play of the game.

You can tell me the Eagles lost because their wide receivers dropped seven passes in the game, including two possible touchdowns by rookie DeSean Jackson.

You can tell me the Eagles lost because tight end L.J. Smith, who had two of the drops, missed a key block that could have allowed running back Brian Westbrook to score a touchdown on a failed third-down play.

You can tell me the Eagles lost because quarterback Donovan McNabb has engineered exactly one come-from-behind win in the fourth quarter since 2004, the same amount as Mike McMahon, and one less than Jeff Garcia did in just six starts, and you just can't count on him to do it any longer.

You can tell me the Eagles lost because $57-million free agent cornerback Asante Samuel dropped a sure interception that could have and likely would have turned the game around. Be honest, you had a flashback to last year's Super Bowl, didn't you?

You can tell me the Eagles lost because they took a timeout less than a minute into the second half and sure could have used one with four seconds to play.

You can tell me the Eagles lost because head coach Andy Reid just couldn't help himself and reverted back to the play calling that saw 46 passes compared to just 16 runs over the course of the game, despite the fact it was a one-score game most of the way.

And you would be right on all counts.

Brown, Smith, Jackson, McNabb, Samuel and especially Reid -- remember it starts with him -- were all responsible for one of the worst losses in recent Eagles' history, 10-3 at FedEx Field.

The real reason the Eagles lost to the Redskins Sunday, and are now on life support for the playoffs, is simply because they just aren't that good."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1