Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Muhammad just keeps on rolling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Muhammad just keeps on rolling Empty
PostSubject: Muhammad just keeps on rolling   Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:31 pm

January 2
Charlotte Observer
"Now that he's 35 - considered old by NFL standards - Carolina Panthers receiver Muhsin Muhammad says he frequently talks with his wife, Christa, about how long he'll play pro football.

"She said, `Babe, just roll 'til the wheels fall off,'" Muhammad said of his wife's advice. "So we're rolling."

Muhammad remains in exquisite physical condition, with very little body fat and the six-pack abs most males only dream about. He's showing no signs of decline and says "I'll definitely be back" next season for the second year of the two-year contract he signed with the Panthers in February.

"I think I still have some really good years left playing in this game and I have no thoughts about retiring right now," he said.

That won't change, he affirmed, even if the Panthers win the Super Bowl.

Muhammad made it clear he wants to play beyond his current contract and said he hopes to finish his career with Carolina. He played for the Panthers from 1996 until 2004, then left for a three-year stay in Chicago because he and the Panthers couldn't reach contract terms prior to the '05 season.

Muhammad said he hopes he never has to play for another team.

"I'd like to see everything work out here and be able to play my last years as a Panther," he said. "That's what I would like, but obviously this is a business, so I'm not exactly sure how everything is going to turn out.

"I never really wanted to go (the first time), but this business is what it is. … We were able to, I guess, reconcile, come back to terms and this thing has worked out good for both of us."

Muhammad's reunion season has gone better than almost anyone expected. There was speculation last spring about whether he or fellow free agent signee D.J. Hackett would start at receiver alongside Steve Smith.

But the competition between Muhammad and Hackett wasn't close.

Hackett has appeared in nine games, catching 13 passes for 181 yards and no touchdowns.

Muhammad has had the fifth most productive season of his 13-year career with 65 catches for 923 yards and five touchdowns. He's averaged 14.1-yards per reception, better than his 13.5 career average.

Muhammad has had eight dropped passes, tied for seventh most in the league, but regularly stays after practice to work on his receiving.

His blocking doesn't show up in his statistics, but has been a big key to the Panthers having the most productive rushing season in team history.

Asked if he's surprised to still be playing so well at 35, Muhammad said:

"I would say that (if you'd) asked me that when I was 25, I probably wouldn't have thought I'd be able to do (this) at 35," he said. "But I just never underestimate what hard work and dedication and love for the game can do for you.

"I still feel like I've got some of my best years ahead of me. I'm having a lot of fun out here playing. I'm in a system that works pretty good for what I do."

Muhammad"
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Muhammad just keeps on rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muhammad just keeps on rolling   Muhammad just keeps on rolling EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 am

I NEVER want to see him in another jersey. It would be sacrilege. Moose is the type of player that I would like to see transition to coaching staff someday.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1