Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Marinelli was angered by Parker's question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Marinelli was angered by Parker's question Empty
PostSubject: Marinelli was angered by Parker's question   Marinelli was angered by Parker's question EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:26 pm

December 23
Detroit News
"Lions coach Rod Marinelli responded angrily Monday to a controversial question posed by Detroit News columnist Rob Parker in Sunday's postgame press conference following a 42-7 loss to the Saints at Ford Field.

Parker on Sunday asked Marinelli if he wished his daughter had married a better defensive coordinator, taking a shot at his son-in-law Joe Barry, whom he hired to run the Lions defense prior to the 2007 season.

Marinelli declined to answer Sunday, but his anger flared a day later as he responded to questions from the media about the incident that has garnered national attention.

"I just think anytime you attack my daughter, I got a problem with that -- in a room of stink, and as a man, and it was premeditated," Marinelli said. "I think there's something wrong with that, yeah."

Asked if he felt Parker's question crossed the line, Marinelli replied, "Big time."

Detroit News Managing Editor Don Nauss said the question about Marinelli's family posed by Parker was both inappropriate and unprofessional.

"The News is taking this matter seriously and will deal with it promptly in an appropriate manner," Nauss said.

Marinelli said he hadn't spoken to Parker, nor did he care to, adding that he hadn't read Parker's column in Monday's Detroit News in which he apologized."
link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1