Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB Empty
PostSubject: Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB   Davis gives Dallas Cowboys a dependable DB EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 7:05 pm

December 19
Dallas Morning News
"With the way things were in the Dallas Cowboys' locker room last week, I made sure I prefaced my comments to Keith Davis on Monday.

"Please, take this the right way," I said, "but are you nuts?"

Davis laughed and shook his head. He knew what I was getting at. Not crazy as in loco crazy, but the good kind of crazy, if that makes any sense.

Against Pittsburgh two weeks ago, Davis suffered what he called a third-degree sprain of his medial collateral ligament but returned after halftime. He was on the practice field last Wednesday and played against the New York Giants.

Against the Giants, he suffered a shoulder injury, missed a few series and returned again. And on Wednesday, he was on the practice field getting ready for Saturday's game against Baltimore.

"I just figure if I'm going to be a leader, man, I've got to be on the field and lead by example," Davis said. "I think a lot of guys feed off my energy. A lot of guys respect how I play the game. Any way I can help and be productive, then I will. If I can't, I won't."

The Cowboys need Davis. All good teams need a guy like Davis. Not because he's the most physically gifted player. He has limitations. But on Sundays, when it matters most, he is with you.

He has 33 tackles, two pass deflections and a tackle for a loss from his strong safety position. He leads the special teams' unit with 19 tackles.

Last week, Davis was one of four players to stand up in a team meeting to let his feelings known. After the Arizona loss, in which he mangled his thumb, he was the one that called out the special teams for their failings.

Remember, he joined Miami as a free agent in the off-season. He didn't rejoin the Cowboys until Sept. 3, four days before the season opener at Cleveland. His old Cowboys teammates voted him to be a captain anyway. It was almost like he had never left."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1