Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness Empty
PostSubject: Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness   Dallas Cowboys' Romo fights through soreness EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:44 pm

December 19
Dallas Morning News
"Tony Romo took part in a full practice Thursday, a day after being limited in practice because of a bruised back.

"If it continues to progress the way it is, then hopefully it won't feel too bad Saturday night," Romo said.

Romo was kneed in the back on a first-half sack against the New York Giants on Sunday but continued to play. He was noticeably sore in Wednesday's practice and took off the final few plays.

"During the course of a long season it's something you have to overcome, every locker room has that though," said Romo, who added he would not wear extra protection Saturday.

The Ravens defense is No. 2 in the NFL, marking the third straight game the Cowboys have faced a defense in the top six. Baltimore has 31 sacks and has returned five of its 22 interceptions for touchdowns.

Baltimore "provides you with a whole gauntlet of pressuring you without really pressuring you, if that makes sense," Romo said. "They are going to send a bunch of guys, but they are still going to be able to play coverage."

Neck injury scared Adam Jones: Adam Jones acknowledged being worried about his career after a neck injury, but the cornerback will return after a one-game absence Saturday.

"Anytime someone tells you that, you're going to be afraid," Jones said.

Jones said he was bothered by a sore neck for some time but after taking a hit on a punt return at Pittsburgh there was additional swelling. Jones spoke to the media Thursday for the first time since returning from a six-game suspension for an incident at a Dallas hotel.

[an error occurred while processing this directive] "I've never taken this game for granted," Jones said. "It could be over in a quick second. That's how it is, man. I've got to take advantage of the time I have now."

Teammates recognize Davis: Teammates selected safety Keith Davis as the Cowboys' recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award for playing through injuries last season (torn pectoral muscle) and this season (knee, shoulder, thumb).

"It gives me a great appreciation for the fact these guys see how hard I play the game," Davis said. "No matter what's going on, if it's something I can fight through, I'm going to always be out there. No way I can sit out this week."

Davis did not practice Thursday but is expected to play Saturday."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1