Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday   Seneca Wallace likely to start for Seahawks against Jets on Sunday EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:33 pm

December 19
Seattle Times
"The snow that fell throughout the Seattle area Thursday didn't keep the Seahawks from their normally scheduled practice, another one with Seneca Wallace as the starting quarterback.

Wallace is likely to maintain the spot he has held the past two games, with Matt Hasselbeck's chances of playing against the New York Jets on Sunday slim due to complications from a back disk injury.

Wallace, in his sixth season, has started six games in 2008. He's two pass attempts away from setting the Seahawks record for most consecutive passes without throwing an interception (159, Hasselbeck, 2005).

Coach Mike Holmgren said Wallace has shown courage and toughness. Wallace has made no secret of the fact that he'd like to be a starter; Holmgren said in order for that to happen, Wallace must perform better.

The two spoke on Wednesday.

"I told him [Wednesday], 'OK, I know you can play, I've always known you can play, you know you can play ... now how do we get better? What's the next thing you have to do better?' " Holmgren said. "And I think in his case, and I hope he would say this, is he prepares, but it's just not enough to prepare. You've got to commit. It's got to be your life during the season. And then along with that great preparation comes very good judgment. It should happen for him. He's proven himself to me many times."

Wallace said he isn't worried about his future as a starter right now. He's signed through next season.

"I'm worried about going out and finishing these next two games strong and have fun with my teammates and try to get Mike [Holmgren] out of here with a few wins," Wallace said. "You always have to prove you can play every time you step on the field. I'm hard on myself and it doesn't matter the situation, I just want to go out and play hard every single time."

Wallace said he's grateful to Holmgren for lessons taught about playing quarterback.

Those include the following, Wallace said: "Being tough on myself and being a perfectionist, because that's what he does to himself and he expects from his quarterbacks. He wants us to be perfect, especially in this offense. He also taught us to be prepared to battle and compete each time we step on the field.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1