Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words Empty
PostSubject: Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words   Dallas Cowboys talk of 'dead issue," but Witten, T.O. have words EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:23 pm

December 13
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
"Because it was not a big deal at all, Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting Friday morning to discuss the latest chapters in a season that has had far more subplots and distractions than wins.

In the meeting, Phillips, Terrell Owens, Keith Davis, Bradie James and Marcus Spears

spoke. The point of the meeting was to not pay attention to the multitude of controversial stories coming out of the team’s own locker room, and when the media does ask about it, to say nothing but instead talk about the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants.

"It’s a dead issue," receiver Patrick Crayton said.

It might be, but it didn’t come without a near altercation Friday between Owens and tight end Jason Witten in the Cowboys’ locker room. According to two sources, the two exchanged words before being separated. Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room. But Owens was still clearly miffed.

Which is why it’s not a dead issue and won’t be unless the Cowboys can pull together and not only beat the Giants but make a playoff run.

The issue "doesn’t matter if we win this week," linebacker Zach Thomas said.

Despite the best efforts of all those involved to dismiss, deny or downplay any and everything, it’s become apparent the loose semblance of control has unbuckled at Valley Ranch, and the fragility of a team of which so much is expected continues to crack. A season that should be about what happens on the field continues to be more about everything but.

No. 1: Owens denied an ESPN report that he is envious of the relationship between Witten and Tony Romo.

"What do I have to be jealous of?" Owens said. "Look at me, I’m handsome as hell. … Anything that goes on, I am going to be the scapegoat. I’m trying to figure out how I make the headlines and I don’t even say anything."

Asked if he was cool with Witten and Romo, Owens said: "I’m cool with everybody. We addressed everything. Coach addressed everything. Everything is everything."

Said Witten of having priority with Romo: "I don’t want people thinking that. Obviously I have a lot of respect for Terrell and I think it’s the same way. He’s a hell of a player."

No. 2: The meeting Crayton, Owens and Roy Williams had with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett about trying to get the ball more, and the alleged tunnel vision Romo has for Witten.

The official line Friday was that meetings take place all the time; it’s no big deal.

The unofficial line is those players were irritated at not being thrown the ball late in the Cowboys’ 20-13 loss Sunday in Pittsburgh. They want the ball. Period."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1