Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air Empty
PostSubject: Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air   Campbell, Snyder Meet to Clear Air EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:17 pm

April 4
Washington Post

"Encouraged after his meeting yesterday with Washington Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder, quarterback Jason Campbell said he has put aside his frustration about the team's pursuit of Jay Cutler and is determined to become "the type of quarterback Mr. Snyder wants."

Several NFL sources said that Snyder, eager to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback, was the force behind the Redskins' efforts to acquire Cutler, who was traded from the Denver Broncos to the Chicago Bears on Thursday. Snyder called the meeting to clear the air about the team's attempts to replace Campbell, Washington's starter for the last 2 1/2 seasons, and attempt to move forward toward the upcoming season.

Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, and Coach Jim Zorn also attended the meeting, which lasted about two hours, in Snyder's office at Redskins Park. Snyder and Campbell spoke candidly, Campbell said, and left the session on good terms, focusing on the future.

"I expressed myself, Dan expressed himself and we just spoke honestly about the whole situation," Campbell said. "It was good to just talk about everything and for everybody to just say where they're coming from. For me, I just wanted to express what I'm trying to do as the quarterback of this team: trying to get better every day to help us reach that higher level we all want to reach.

"I understand what Dan was saying and I'm glad he kind of wanted to talk about everything that's been going on, because it has been kind of crazy the last couple of days. With us all being in the same room and just expressing everything, I would say it was a very successful meeting because everyone expressed themselves and made it clear what we want to try to accomplish."

In addition to Washington's trade talks with Denver, a high-ranking Redskins official contacted another NFL team Wednesday about the possibility of trading Campbell for a second-round pick in the upcoming draft, one NFL source said. Speaking on behalf of Cerrato, team spokesman Zack Bolno denied the team had inquired about trading Campbell. "
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1