Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat?   Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:54 pm

by Adam Schein

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8788332/Who's-on-the-Week-11-Hot-Seat?

Updated: November 13, 2008, 3:31 PM EST 42 comments add this RSS blog email Print 1. Dick Jauron

I get all of your e-mails. I know. I know. I thought the Bills were about to put their feet to the collective throats of the competition in the AFC East. Buffalo then lost three straight inside the division. And frankly, Buffalo has looked bad in the process. The offensive line has been poor. Marshawn Lynch has been stuck in the mud. My guy Trent Edwards has been miserable during the three-game losing streak making poor decisions, throwing five picks against two touchdowns. Even the ultra-savvy Jauron has made some questionable decisions including a 3rd-and-1 pass followed by eschewing the field goal and going for it on a 4th-and-1 deep in Jets territory a few weeks ago.

But Buffalo can go on a streak. Cleveland, fresh off of two pathetic collapses, comes to lovely Western New York on Monday night. The Bills then have dates against the Chiefs and Niners.

Playoff hopes are not all lost. But the Bills, suddenly in last place, are under immense pressure to right the ship on Monday or else.

2. Jack Del Rio
The Jags coach did some goofy things after the club got beat by the Browns and Bengals in consecutive weeks. Del Rio shifted the players' lockers around, like a grade school teacher trying to move the trouble makers away from the honors students. Del Rio kicked Mike Peterson out of practice for a couple of days. But being fair, the Jags responded with their best effort of the season, pasting the Lions.

The task gets much harder this week as the Jags go from facing the worst team in the NFL to the best when the undefeated Titans come to town. In talking to Jags running back Maurice Jones-Drew this week on Sirius NFL Radio, Jacksonville has the ultimate respect for the rival Titans. Jones-Drew, Fred Taylor, Dave Garrard, and the Jags defense are all coming off a great week. A win saves the season for Jacksonville, putting the Jags at 5-5 while giving them unbelievable confidence that if they can beat the Titans, a playoff run is within reason. With a loss, Del Rio's outfit — an en vogue playoff pick in the preseason — is done.

3. Tony Romo
He isn't a magician. Romo's return this Sunday won't fix the defense, offensive line, chemistry, Pacman Jones, or the economy. But Tony Romo is a great player who has a knack for winning. In his absence, the quarterback play from Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger has been flat out embarrassing. Johnson was 17-for-34 with three picks against the Rams. He threw for just 122 yards vs. Tampa. Johson tossed two picks and got pulled against the Giants in a pathetic performance. Romo is a great player, a Pro Bowler who instantly upgrades Dallas and can take advantage of match-up edges the Cowboys have with Terrell Owens and Jason Witten. Even with rust, Romo can have a great Sunday night. Fair or unfair, there's a lot of pressure on him to do just that.

4. Jason Campbell
The Redskins quarterback didn't have a pick until the Monday night game against Pittsburgh. Campbell has enjoyed an efficient and winning season under Jim Zorn. But is he ready for this stage on Sunday night, against an angry Cowboys team looking for revenge? Campbell's two worst games of the year have been in primetime (Giants and Steelers). With Clinton Portis all banged up, Campbell is going to have to make plays in the passing attack down field for Washington to win.

5. Packers offensive line
Packers head coach Mike McCarthy stressed the ineffective play of his offensive line when we talked Tuesday on Sirius NFL Radio. Green Bay's pass protection against the Vikings last Sunday was brutal. The 5-4 Bears come to Lambeau Field this Sunday in pretty much the same must-win spot as the 4-5 Packers. The Bears' pass rush has been spotty this year. But Tommie Harris always is a huge factor. Aaron Rodgers needs time to toss the ball to Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, who should be able to beat the Bears' corners if he has time to execute.

6. Mike Singletary
The game management and the play selection at the end of the Niners loss to Arizona was the worst I've ever seen. How do you not spike the ball after Shaun Hill hit Jason Hill? How do you run a dive with a backup running back on the final play? I root for Singletary. At this stage, however, I cannot recall a more controversial start to an NFL coaching career in consecutive weeks.

7. Joe Flacco

Must-read:Marvez: QB a tough gig in Tampa
Rosenthal: Yanks, Pads talk Peavy
Must-see:Fantasy: Week 11's best pickups
Davis: Learn how the BCS works
View more videos >>Top headlines:Live college football scoreboard
No. 3 Gators rip South Carolina
Hansbrough sits, No. 1 UNC still rolls
Pennington probable for Dolphins
All of today's top stories >>Worth a thousand words:Week 12 in college football
NFL Week 10 action
NHL Hall of Fame induction shots
View more photos >>The Ravens rookie quarterback has been nothing short of sensational in his rookie season. But it's a different task facing the Giants defense in New York. I believe the Giants run defense will be out in full force. It will be on Flacco to keep the timing and big plays going to Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, and Mark Clayton.

8. Mike Tomlin
The Steelers coach confessed this week to us on Sirius NFL Radio that the big issue with Ben Roethlisberger's health is that he's missing valuable practice time. And what do you know? As a result, Big Ben hit the practice field on Wednesday. It's not an easy or even popular decision, but it is time to park the injured Roethlisberger on the bench. Tomlin needs to go to Byron Leftwich against San Diego. Simply put, if Ben was healthy, we wouldn't be having this argument. He's not healthy.

9. Chargers pass rush
Look, 4-5 San Diego is officially out of excuses. It doesn't matter who is calling the defensive plays. The Chargers need to get to the quarterback. The talent, even without Shawne Merriman, is there. San Diego has a gigantic spot in Pittsburgh this weekend. The Steelers' offensive line resembles a turnstile. If Ben plays, he holds onto the ball too long. If Byron Leftwich is the quarterback — and I'm a Leftwich fan — he is one of the least athletic quarterbacks in the game and should represent target practice for a defense. Ron Rivera needs to bring the heat. Every team exploits the Steelers offensive line.
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
jschnars

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat?   Who's on the Week 11 Hot Seat? EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Wow, didn't realize how bad it's looking for my Bills.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1