Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-18

BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? Empty
PostSubject: BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet?   BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:37 am

Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet?
Posted By Anwar S. Richardson at Mar 06, 2009 at 08:23 AM
Updated Mar 06, 2009 at 11:06 AM

The last time I decided to talk about Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik, I received more heat from Buccaneers fans than a 500-watt light bulb.

I defended Dominik and tried to explain that my sources were telling me he was working hard to better Tampa Bay, but considering the Bucs missed out on DT Albert Haynesworth (signed with Washington) and LB Jonathan Vilma (re-signed with New Orleans), few fans wanted to rejoice in finishing second.

BucFandango from Sarasota created the tags “Mark Dummynick” and “Raheem Dayream” - I think he or she meant “Daydream” - out of frustration, while Jake from Lutz tried to encourage me by stating “Quit being such a tool Anwar!”

Like I’ve said before, my ex-wife called me worse names, so I find the jabs very entertaining.

One thing you can’t do is judge an NFL roster on March 6. You can only judge it when training camp begins, after the draft, trades and free-agent acquisitions are done. Today’s Bucs roster will change by the time July’s training camp rolls around.

So lets review Dominik’s moves since he took over in mid-January:

• Told QB Jeff Garcia the team would not re-sign him and encouraged him to pursue free agency (he remains unsigned).

• Released LB Derrick Brooks, LB Cato June, RB Warrick Dunn, WR Ike Hilliard and WR Joey Galloway in an attempt to get younger (June visited Buffalo this week, but each player remains unsigned).

• Actively pursued Haynesworth and Vilma. He nearly pulled off a trade to obtain Denver QB Jay Cutler and tried to grab New England QB Matt Cassel via trade.

• Traded for Cleveland TE Kellen Winslow, one of the NFL’s best tight ends. Tampa Bay arguably has the NFL’s best pass-catching TE tandem with Winslow and Jerramy Stevens.

• Signed New York Giants RB Derrick Ward, creating a potent 1-2 punch with Earnest Graham.

• Signed New York Jets kicker Mike Nugent to create a kicking competition with Matt Bryant.

• Re-signed eight of Tampa Bay’s 14 free agents (Will Allen, Antonio Bryant, Michael Clayton, Cortez Hankton, Luke McCown, Jermaine Phillps, Ryan Sims and Stevens). It is just a matter of time before restricted free agent Donald Penn re-signs with Tampa Bay.

Free agency is slowing down, but Tampa Bay will probably sign more players (like a quarterback) to add depth. Then Tampa Bay will shift its attention to the draft, where the team will address whatever holes it may have at that point.

Now that we understand Tampa Bay is trying to get younger and wants to add quality players without overspending, here is this morning’s question to everybody:
Back to top Go down
spent

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-05

BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet?   BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:58 pm

I like him, and he is far from new to our franchise, just the position. He seems to face the music, especially compared to Allen, for whatever that's worth.
Back to top Go down

BUCS: Has Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik Won You Over Yet?
Page 1 of 1