Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
June 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer Empty
PostSubject: Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer   Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:25 am

Staff report
Monday, February 23, 2009

Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer 156369
Samuel Dallas Jarvis(Todays Dumbass)

STUART — A 75-year-old Stuart man chased down a 6-foot 1-inch, 230-pound, 29-year-old robber who had just snatched his laptop computer and printer on Sunday.

Joseph Kohl was standing in front of Best Buy at 2555 N. Federal Highway in Stuart at 12:13 p.m. waiting for his wife to pick him up at the curb. He placed his brand new laptop and printer down along the pillar where he was standing when the thief grabbed his items and tried to take off, said Kohl.

Without a second thought, Kohl ran about 8 feet before he grabbed the thief and tried to get back his packages, said Kohl.

“I have no idea what computers are about, but I didn’t want him taking my first one,” he said.

An off-duty Martin County Sheriff’s Office deputy, Don Kelly, was coming out of the store and jumped into the fray, said Sgt. Martin J. Jacobson of the Stuart Police Department.

“It was over in a minute,” said Kohl. “Having the off-duty cop there ended the situation right there. He showed his badge and the kid gave up.”

Both men were still fighting the suspect when Stuart Police arrived, Jacobson said.

“The police showed up in no time. It was like they were parked right around the corner,” said Kohl.

Stuart Police Officer Nick Briglia arrested Samuel Dallas Jarvis, charging him with robbery and battery on a person over age 65. Jarvis was booked into the Martin County Jail on a $12,500 bond.

“I was a bit rattled afterward,” said Kohl. “It felt good when it was all over.”

Now that it’s over, Kohl plan to learn how to use his new laptop and to enroll in computer classes.
[url=Stuart man, 75, tackles hefty robber who stole his computer]Link[/url]
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1