Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants Empty
PostSubject: Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants   Jones places gag order on Phillips, assistants EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 am

February 23
San Antonio Express-News

"Tired of what he calls all the "misinformation" that's been reported about the Dallas Cowboys this offseason, owner Jerry Jones has placed a gag order on coach Wade Phillips and his staff.

"You can't get the full picture unless you visit with me," Jones told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Jones said the tipping point came when it was reported there was a debate between him and his son Stephen Jones, the team's executive vice president, regarding receiver Terrell Owens' future. Another report that angered Jerry Jones had players visiting his home to discuss personnel.

Jones said both stories, which cited anonymous sources, were incorrect.

"I just want to make sure you're not getting bits and pieces of information," Jones said. "That's not doing anybody any good, and you're not making accurate reports."

Phillips has declined interview requests at the combine, telling reporters "it's against the rules" for him to speak.

"He doesn't get the full stuff (regarding personnel)," Jones said. "I'm just saying you don't get the full picture. I'm the guy that's got the full picture."

Jones scoffed at the notion that putting muzzles on Phillips and his assistants would make Phillips look like a puppet in his players' eyes."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1