Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Uneasy about a 7-2 team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JayJ1

JayJ1

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Uneasy about a 7-2 team Empty
PostSubject: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 10:43 am

Does anyone else feel a little uneasy about our team? I mean I know we are 7-2 which is the #2 overall seed in the NFC and #3 overall in the NFL but we just do not seem that good. I was one of the people that said we were going to be better this year but I did not anticipate the Bucs to be so good. I knew the Falcons would be good(due to the curse that I tried to constantly tell everyone about to the point that some **GK** have begun to despise me for!). I remember a few games back after we lost to the Bucs everyone was crying bloody murder and ready to jump off the wagon and all this and I had to go around and posts 10-6 or 11-5 everywhere, meaning I think we would still end up 10-6 or 11-5. I remember being hardpressed to convince most that this was possible. It is very likely now as we are three or four wins away and I have to think we can get at least that many wins for the rest of the season (although I would like more). Even with all this I still feel like we are not the third best team overall or even the second best team in the NFC. I currently think (especially after last night) that we could be beat by this Pats team worse than the one we faced in the Superbowl. I think we can get beat by a number of NFC teams (some which we have already beat!). It is like something is missing. I can't figure it out exactly but if I had to put it into words I would say we are lacking a crispness in our execution and a sense of consistency. (Just remembered another post I used to always put on the growl at the beginning of this year, "we are a great team that lacks consistency"). Part of this doubt i think comes from the fact that TB and ATL is right behind us and one loss from us and one win from them any given week will put us in a hole possibly. I don't know I am just rambling a bit now. But I guess I just want to know if anyone else is feeling a little uneasy about a 7-2 team?
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:20 pm

Absolutely I feel uneasy about our team. Not the 7-2 part. That's ok. I feel uneasy about our play on the field. I looked at this season and thought that this was going to be our year due to the softness of schedule. Even so, I really thought that we would play better. I can see dropping the TB game.....it's the Minn game that keeps me up at night. That and the fact that we really haven't beaten anybody. Now's the time of our schedule where things get tough. If we can start improving every week then we should be ready to peak come playoff time (yes....my real name is Capt. Obvious). Our D has been decent. Our ST too. We haven't been playing well on Offense lately and that IS cause for concern.

Look.....I know Jake's stats. I know he is proven. I know he is probably the best QB we have. He is an awesome team guy. That said, I have always maintained that a QB should be a little less emotional. Fiery is nice out of a spark plug like Smitty. Fiery is nice out of a linebacker. Fiery is not an appropriate adjective for a QB. It's a sign that he is a little too emotional. This past Sunday I made a prediction to JSCHNARS and anybody that would listen. When Jake threw his first pick I said "when he throws one this early, he throws them all day long." I don't have the stats to back that up. Just seems that way. It's my contention that Jake is a gun slinger like Brett Favre....only without the short memory.

So to respond to your consistency observation. I think that our perceived lack of consistency (recently) is due in large part to last weeks poor performance. If we (offense) start playing with the precision that we showed in the first three games last year.....we'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
jschnars

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:51 pm

I'm just nervous about us on the road still, because we still haven't played a good game on the road since SD. Our D played very well on Sunday, but against anyone else we would have most likely lost. If we can get it together on the road we should be fine.
Back to top Go down
JayJ1

JayJ1

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 4:13 pm

My uneasy about a 7-2 team was not with regards to the record just to clear it up. It was juxtaposing "uneasy" with 7-2. Most teams that are 7-2 at this point in any season would be seen as dominate I just do not feel that way. Again just to clarify.
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Great point jschnars. Kinda weird though......we used to be great on the road and suck at home. Now it's the other way around.

No, I knew what you meant JJ1. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. You're absolutely right....our wins look pedestrian and our losses look ridiculous. Heck, even some of our wins look ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
jschnars

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 4:23 pm

I think I have to disagree with that our wins look pedestrian. Most of our wins were impressive in the sense that they were comebacks. Such as SD, Chicago, and Arizona. They didn't always look pretty, but we did look impressive coming back in those games.
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:00 pm

I guess so.
Back to top Go down
JayJ1

JayJ1

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:17 pm

Yeah but we should not have had to make so many comebacks especially since almost all those were ones in which we had the lead at some point. A 7-2 team IMO should be a little more dominate. I mean a win is a win but we just don't really have anything to hang our hats on. Are we a great running team? Are we run stoppers? Are we a great PDef team? Are we a great STs team? We have been all those at some point this season but it changes every week. The lack of consistency is just nerve racking. Typical Cardiac Cats I guess.
Back to top Go down
jschnars

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:19 pm

We are a great winning team. LOL.
Back to top Go down
JayJ1

JayJ1

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Well there ya have it!
Back to top Go down
socalpanther

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 7:55 pm

I think we just tend to play "down" to the caliber of the team we are playing at times. That's the part that concerns me. I agree that if we played like we did last Sunday against a somewhat better team we would have lost and this site would have been burnin up non stop. We just need to play more consistent and blow out the teams we are suppose to and keep the tough ones close, if not win. Luvin the Panthers here in So. Cal!!! 90 degrees and the tailgating has begun!!! C'mon Sunday!!
Back to top Go down
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Yeah. We do play down and I am uneasy. That is why there are Three Topics I refuse to talk about this season.
The offense does seem to be steadily improving(In spite of last week) but I am still not entirely comfortable.

And I am still going to see Miss Roudolph about that curse Jay. Uneasy about a 7-2 team 157909
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uneasy about a 7-2 team   Uneasy about a 7-2 team Empty

Back to top Go down

Uneasy about a 7-2 team
Page 1 of 1